JQ Starclass offered on Domestic services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousCoward

Established Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
3,199
Points
10
econgdon said:
Sorry for being ignorant but what are SC's and Wp's ??? I've only just started thinking about using my points etc as I have accumulated around a million of them and think they will go !!

SC = Status Credits (you can find out more about SCs on the QANTAS website)

WP = Wanker Platinum (QANTAS Platinum FFs)
 

futaris

Established Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
2,973
Points
330
econgdon said:
Sorry for being ignorant but what are SC's and Wp's ??? I've only just started thinking about using my points etc as I have accumulated around a million of them and think they will go !!

SC = Status Credits
WP = ([email protected]@) Platinum

See the sticky "QANTAS Ultimate Guide" on Flyertalk here, in particular this thread.

I'm sure your cousins, nieces and nephews here can make use of your points. :)
 

econgdon

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
47
Points
0
straitman said:
We are all related here :!: :oops: :D :mrgreen:
A telephone operator at Qantas already has jokingly asked me how many relationships I have had when we then talked with a human being to use our points and I was booking for a companion (friend) using my points!!
 

leny

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
308
Points
0
What are the QC priveledges that come with a domestic StarClass booking departing from an international terminal (which I think is all of them) and is this the same or similar to flying Jetstar starclass international?
What about JetFlex: Nothing?
 
Last edited:

stuartfaz

Active Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
526
Points
230
leny said:
What are the QC priveledges that come with a domestic StarClass booking departing from an international terminal (which I think is all of them) and is this the same or similar to flying Jetstar starclass international?
What about JetFlex: Nothing?

I'd assume they'd be the same. JQ don't specify otherwise. Then again, seeing as it's only a $10 difference, it could be different to JQi starclass privileges.

JetFlex wouldnt get lounge access. Theyd get QFF points and priority boarding, same as normal domestic JetFlex.
 

leny

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
308
Points
0
Has anyone had a chance to try this service out? What do you think of it, what's it like ;)
 

ANstar

Active Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2006
Messages
724
Points
245
And has any one had any luck booking it on the CNS route? Doesnt seem to show as being bookable
 

bambbbam2

Active Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
857
Points
0
straitman said:
We are all related here :!: :oops: :D :mrgreen:

My grandad was a priest and he believed we are all descended from Adam.. ergo IHO we are all related..
 

v8Statesman

Established Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,222
Points
10
leny said:
Has anyone had a chance to try this service out? What do you think of it, what's it like ;)

After noticing that _all_ seats on QF767 on the 22nd are sold. I descided to jump off QF767 ex BNE and look for alternatives. I am now on JQ18 BNE-SYD and QF577 SYD-PER.

I will report on how (bad) it is after I get back to the mother land (PER).
 

v8Statesman

Established Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,222
Points
10
I completed this trip.

Starclass would be better named "No Star" Class. Was ok for short flight. Dommestic J seat in Leather. Limited service. Plastic cup for coffee was odd.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,974
Solutions
14
Points
3,300
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum

leny

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2006
Messages
308
Points
0
I have also completed this trip.

Upon arrival to the airport, there was only 1 check in counter open with a QF customer service member serving. She was generally courteous, but at first, did not recognise that I was booked into StarClass. When asking if there were any 'A' seats available, she said no, but there were in 'K'. When I asked which seat exactly, she said 40K :D . :rolleyes: When reminded that I was booked into StarClass, she browsed through my booking papers, as well as her computer for almost 5 minutes, before getting back to me with a confirmation of my 'StarClass' booking and a seat allocation of 2K.

I was about 3 hours early, which gave me enough time to visit and explore BNE internationational terminal for the first time :D . The Jetstar plane was white, unlike others which are silver in colour. I've never seen such thing before, but that may just be me.

After priority boarding, and seating of all passengers, the StarClass cabin crew gave each StarClass passenger a small bottle of water, with Asian (Japanese?; most likely) writing on it, and I also noticed that there were many different brands of water they were giving out.:D They were probably getting rid of all their left over bottles.. :-|

After take-off, staff came out with a little plate of snacks, and there was a choice of a little Toblerone bar, salted cashews, and some sort of cookie. Afterwards, soft drinks and juice were served. I'm uncertain whether there was alcohol being served, as it didn't interest me.

That was pretty much it: A bottle of water, a small snack and drinks. But the service was excellent.

I'd also like to point out that out of the three screens, the one on the right was not working. :-| Even though those were only used for the safety screening and flight information, I thought it was pretty dodgy.


Although after paying twice as much, and receiving four times as many SCs than when flying QF on the Inbound trip, I have to say that I much preferred flying QF Economy than JQ StarClass.

If it is of interest to anyone, the 40SCs and 1250 points were credited to my account the day following my flight.

I was quite disappointed, really.
 

stuartfaz

Active Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
526
Points
230
leny said:
No hot drinks on my flight at all, I should add.

Did you get QP access before/after the flight?

I need to go to SYD mid next year and i'm tossing up between JQ *class and DJ Y+ (most economy flights are sold out due to something in sydney so I might as well go up a class). Right now I'm thinking DJ mainly because I'm a Velocity member and not a QFF member, but any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,547
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
stuartfaz said:
I need to go to SYD mid next year and i'm tossing up between JQ *class and DJ Y+ (most economy flights are sold out due to something in sydney so I might as well go up a class). Right now I'm thinking DJ mainly because I'm a Velocity member and not a QFF member, but any thoughts would be appreciated.
Be aware that JQ Star Class limits your choices significantly. There are only two flights a week that provide Star Class from MEL to SYD, JQ3 on Mondays and JQ30 on Fridays.

You will get a lot more schedule flexibility with DJ Y+.
 

stuartfaz

Active Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
526
Points
230
NM said:
Be aware that JQ Star Class limits your choices significantly. There are only two flights a week that provide Star Class from MEL to SYD, JQ3 on Mondays and JQ30 on Fridays.

You will get a lot more schedule flexibility with DJ Y+.

I'll be there for a week, from Monday to Monday, so that's not an issue. I tested the dates a while back and theres availbility for *class on both days. None for DJ Y+ yet, obviously.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,547
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
stuartfaz said:
I'll be there for a week, from Monday to Monday, so that's not an issue. I tested the dates a while back and theres availbility for *class on both days. None for DJ Y+ yet, obviously.
Its not an issue from a booking perspective. But flexibility goes out the door if JQ has a problem with the aircraft for that one flight, such as it gets stuck on the ground in HNL the day before. DJ has plenty of flight flexibility to cope better if things go pear shaped.

But it your time and money so the decision if completely yours. I am just pointing out some things that you may choose to take into consideration.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top