Jetstar "take a friend for free"

Discussion in 'Jetstar' started by StevePER, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. StevePER

StevePER Established Member

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    2-for-1 tickets supposedly available for travel between June 14 and December 14. If anyone can find any dates where it's actually bookable for PER-AVV I'd be surprised. I can't find anything.

Bah. :evil:

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    '
    Wouldn't that be the $94 fares that appear when you select two people. FOund several dates where it came up. If you only put one adult, only the $189 fare appeared. I guess its the way they implemented it

3. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Would the person still be your friend after forcing them to fly Jetstar?

Dave

4. StevePER

StevePER Established Member

Oct 17, 2004
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Hmmm... yep it's working now. Definitely wasn't working last night when the email first came out, I guess they were just having some teething problems. Admittedly $94 PER-AVV is quite an attractive fare.

5. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    LMAO!! :D

I'm still a Geoffstar virgin. :mrgreen:

6. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Laugh while you can Peter! You may be flying with them sooner than you think if QF mainline plans are implemented on most domestic routes and some international routes.

7. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    As long as there is Virgin Blue, there is no need to fly Geoffstar. DJ prices are competitive, I can earn some FF points, they fly to MEL (which is a biggie for me) and I get an allocated that I can select online as opposed to having to find one when I board. ;)

8. jakeseven7

jakeseven7 Active Member

Sep 9, 2005
    DJ's lacklustre expansions o/s is where Jetstar trumps them, Pacific Blue is a bit of a lemon. I'm looking forward to flying Starclass direct to Hoh Chi Minh instead of bloody Vietnam Airlines in Nov... yay. Its actually quite exciting the QF group entering (/re-entering) all these markets.

Oh and a rumour, was hoping someone here could find out/confirm... I have heard around the traps that they are looking at a 'discount discount' FF earn rate on JQ domestic fares? So on any fare you would earn points but I imagine a lower rate for Jet savers etc?

9. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Just FF points! No SC's credits? I think you find most people are mostly interested in status rather than the points.

10. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Will have to wait and see if there is any substance to the rumours first, and then look at the detail. One would wonder just how important SC's are to Jetstars target market.

11. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

Most people on HERE (and on FT) are interested in the status, most ordinary people who do not fly enough to get status aren't worried about SC's, they are only interested in the points.

Dave

12. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Yup. Indeed many do not know anything about status yet are careful to get as many points as they can. If they fly enough to make it worthwhile I try to educate them on the merits of status.

13. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Poor misguided people indeed :confused:.

14. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    These people are desperately needed by the Deathstars and Vergin's of this downmarket part of the world to keep them afloat, which is why there's no talk of status.

Lets keep it that way in case Uncle Geoff starts getting distracted...

15. jakeseven7

jakeseven7 Active Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I honestly don't know, thats why I threw it out there for more learned comment and for people with more contacts to rat it out...

I agree with other comments that normal people are after the points, so a discount earn on Jetsavers could be quite a smart move for QF group to combat Velocity.

16. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    You are probably right Dave.

I was making my comment taking into consideration the impact it may have on QF FF's who may be interested in flying deathstar if SC's were handed out on el cheapo airfares. Hell, I may even consider it myself and I am one of deathstar's biggest critics.

I have many friends who fly a few times a year and they really couldn't care less for the points or status. They love it when they get a $29 fare SYD-MEL or a $49 fare SYD-BNE or a $79 fare SYD-ADL. These people only care about cheap flights. They are not even members of local FF programs so earning points on cheap flight would make no difference to them.

17. aden_1

aden_1 Junior Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Your right - i dont care about status (probably because i cant possibly fly enought to get one!) but im all for the occasional super deal. Unfortunatly the jetstar deal is crap! Why flys in threesoms? not many people...

And they have automatically booked out the popular times for their regular paying passengers - Which makes business sense, but is not really a great special for its loyal customer base. You can only really find these deals to fly on like a wednesday mid-day and returning on a saturday night - which nobody wants to do!

They really need to make the sales worth while to keep us interested!

18. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    What threesomes?

I only really looked at the PER-AVV flights when the sale came out, and the availiblity at the time the sale was announced looked quite reasonable to me. Perhaps the more popular times were snapped up quicker?