Jetstar "take a friend for free"

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevePER

Established Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,143
Points
10
2-for-1 tickets supposedly available for travel between June 14 and December 14. If anyone can find any dates where it's actually bookable for PER-AVV I'd be surprised. I can't find anything.

Bah. :evil:
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,953
Solutions
4
Points
1,425
StevePER said:
2-for-1 tickets supposedly available for travel between June 14 and December 14. If anyone can find any dates where it's actually bookable for PER-AVV I'd be surprised. I can't find anything.

Bah. :evil:
'
Wouldn't that be the $94 fares that appear when you select two people. FOund several dates where it came up. If you only put one adult, only the $189 fare appeared. I guess its the way they implemented it
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
Points
0
Would the person still be your friend after forcing them to fly Jetstar?

Dave
 

StevePER

Established Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,143
Points
10
Hmmm... yep it's working now. Definitely wasn't working last night when the email first came out, I guess they were just having some teething problems. Admittedly $94 PER-AVV is quite an attractive fare.
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
Dave Noble said:
Would the person still be your friend after forcing them to fly Jetstar?
LMAO!! :D

I'm still a Geoffstar virgin. :mrgreen:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Yada Yada said:
LMAO!! :D

I'm still a Geoffstar virgin. :mrgreen:
Laugh while you can Peter! You may be flying with them sooner than you think if QF mainline plans are implemented on most domestic routes and some international routes.
 

Yada Yada

Established Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
1,877
Points
0
JohnK said:
Laugh while you can Peter! You may be flying with them sooner than you think if QF mainline plans are implemented on most domestic routes and some international routes.
As long as there is Virgin Blue, there is no need to fly Geoffstar. DJ prices are competitive, I can earn some FF points, they fly to MEL (which is a biggie for me) and I get an allocated that I can select online as opposed to having to find one when I board. ;)
 
Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
5,863
Solutions
2
Points
995
Yada Yada said:
As long as there is Virgin Blue, there is no need to fly Geoffstar. DJ prices are competitive, I can earn some FF points, they fly to MEL (which is a biggie for me) and I get an allocated that I can select online as opposed to having to find one when I board. ;)

DJ's lacklustre expansions o/s is where Jetstar trumps them, Pacific Blue is a bit of a lemon. I'm looking forward to flying Starclass direct to Hoh Chi Minh instead of bloody Vietnam Airlines in Nov... yay. Its actually quite exciting the QF group entering (/re-entering) all these markets.

Oh and a rumour, was hoping someone here could find out/confirm... I have heard around the traps that they are looking at a 'discount discount' FF earn rate on JQ domestic fares? So on any fare you would earn points but I imagine a lower rate for Jet savers etc?
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
jakeseven7 said:
Oh and a rumour, was hoping someone here could find out/confirm... I have heard around the traps that they are looking at a 'discount discount' FF earn rate on JQ domestic fares? So on any fare you would earn points but I imagine a lower rate for Jet savers etc?
Just FF points! No SC's credits? I think you find most people are mostly interested in status rather than the points.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,953
Solutions
4
Points
1,425
JohnK said:
Just FF points! No SC's credits? I think you find most people are mostly interested in status rather than the points.

Will have to wait and see if there is any substance to the rumours first, and then look at the detail. One would wonder just how important SC's are to Jetstars target market.
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
Points
0
JohnK said:
Just FF points! No SC's credits? I think you find most people are mostly interested in status rather than the points.
Most people on HERE (and on FT) are interested in the status, most ordinary people who do not fly enough to get status aren't worried about SC's, they are only interested in the points.

Dave
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
thadocta said:
Most people on HERE (and on FT) are interested in the status, most ordinary people who do not fly enough to get status aren't worried about SC's, they are only interested in the points.

Dave

Yup. Indeed many do not know anything about status yet are careful to get as many points as they can. If they fly enough to make it worthwhile I try to educate them on the merits of status.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,445
Points
1,295
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
thadocta said:
Most people on HERE (and on FT) are interested in the status, most ordinary people who do not fly enough to get status aren't worried about SC's, they are only interested in the points.

Dave
Poor misguided people indeed :confused:.
 

Groundfeeder

Active Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
652
Points
245
Poor misguided people indeed

These people are desperately needed by the Deathstars and Vergin's of this downmarket part of the world to keep them afloat, which is why there's no talk of status.

Lets keep it that way in case Uncle Geoff starts getting distracted...
 

jakeseven7

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
5,863
Solutions
2
Points
995
JohnK said:
Just FF points! No SC's credits? I think you find most people are mostly interested in status rather than the points.

I honestly don't know, thats why I threw it out there for more learned comment and for people with more contacts to rat it out...

I agree with other comments that normal people are after the points, so a discount earn on Jetsavers could be quite a smart move for QF group to combat Velocity.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
thadocta said:
Most people on HERE (and on FT) are interested in the status, most ordinary people who do not fly enough to get status aren't worried about SC's, they are only interested in the points.
You are probably right Dave.

I was making my comment taking into consideration the impact it may have on QF FF's who may be interested in flying deathstar if SC's were handed out on el cheapo airfares. Hell, I may even consider it myself and I am one of deathstar's biggest critics.

I have many friends who fly a few times a year and they really couldn't care less for the points or status. They love it when they get a $29 fare SYD-MEL or a $49 fare SYD-BNE or a $79 fare SYD-ADL. These people only care about cheap flights. They are not even members of local FF programs so earning points on cheap flight would make no difference to them.
 

aden_1

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2004
Messages
23
Points
0
Your right - i dont care about status (probably because i cant possibly fly enought to get one!) but im all for the occasional super deal. Unfortunatly the jetstar deal is crap! Why flys in threesoms? not many people...

And they have automatically booked out the popular times for their regular paying passengers - Which makes business sense, but is not really a great special for its loyal customer base. You can only really find these deals to fly on like a wednesday mid-day and returning on a saturday night - which nobody wants to do!

They really need to make the sales worth while to keep us interested!
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,953
Solutions
4
Points
1,425
aden_1 said:
Your right - i dont care about status (probably because i cant possibly fly enought to get one!) but im all for the occasional super deal. Unfortunatly the jetstar deal is crap! Why flys in threesoms? not many people...

What threesomes?

aden_1 said:
And they have automatically booked out the popular times for their regular paying passengers - Which makes business sense, but is not really a great special for its loyal customer base. You can only really find these deals to fly on like a wednesday mid-day and returning on a saturday night - which nobody wants to do!

They really need to make the sales worth while to keep us interested!

I only really looked at the PER-AVV flights when the sale came out, and the availiblity at the time the sale was announced looked quite reasonable to me. Perhaps the more popular times were snapped up quicker?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
87,422
Messages
2,143,808
Members
54,459
Latest member
RobertDoxon

Staff online

Top