Jetstar sale fares to Osaka

Discussion in 'Cheap International Airfares' started by Johan, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Johan

Johan Intern

Feb 21, 2006

2. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Nice price for economy, but the *class prices are crazy ! a little more and you can get a cheap JL flatbed to KIX !
    *class is about 50% more than MEL-BKK for the dates i checked. But guess is those seats will mostly be sold from Japan for Japanese tourists.
    E

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Interesting part about this sale is how contemporary it is.

PAX loads down the back must be low over the next few week.

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #4 serfty, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
    Alos note, it's actually $576 return.

$138 each way with +++ outbound at $160 and inbound at $140.

Another situation where the +++'s are higher then the fare.

5. Johan

Johan Intern

Feb 21, 2006
    By the way, a friend of mine just flew Jetstar to KIX, and said it was a JL codeshare. So, if you bought a business class ticket on JL, you might end up with a star class seat.

However, yet another friend who flew Starclass to Vietnam told me that he'd rather fly economy on a full-service airline like Singapore, Emirates, etc than Jetstar starclass. On those airlines, the food, service, VOD, etc is better than Jetstar starclass (so he claims). The only benefit is that it is a non-stop flight to Vietnam.

6. dragonman

dragonman Active Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not my experience. Food and service to Phuket in *class was very good. So were the SC's earned at QF business class rates. The VOD is inferior - but it worked. And the room and seat pitch are superior to QF Y.

It is interesting that so often when a JQ sale is announced the fact that *class is not on sale is bemoaned. They simply do not have to sell it at reduced prices. *class numbers are pretty good.

Sometimes I wonder if its just fashionable to bag JQ.

7. Johan

Johan Intern

Feb 21, 2006
    I havent flown JQ before. Am making my maiden JQ flight to KUL in September.

I think my friend was annoyed that his flight to Vietnam was delayed, and he said the flight attendants were not very responsive - e.g. he asked for some snack or drink and it took forever to arrive - despite the fact that he had status and was on star class. I don't know how it compares to economy food, but he says it is nothing close to business class food. It might just be his particular flight.

I wouldn't fly JQ if it were slightly cheaper than discount economy - it has to be substantially cheaper - like this $576 fare to KIX or my $396 fare to KUL.