Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Looks like the Jetstar credit cards are being withdrawn and existing accounts will be closed in a few months.

Not a great loss IMHO.

The cards were issued by Macquarie but they hadn't been accepting new applications for these cards since 2020 due to COVID.

The Woolworths Money credit cards are also issued by Macquarie. They have not been accepting new applications for around two years either, although I haven't seen any announcement yet from Woolies about their credit cards being discontinued.

Jetstar mastercard was great for benefits when flying jetstar.

I have my replacement Macquarie card in the mail today. Not sure of the product details. Anyone have info.

/aside Also wondering the implications of NAB buying the citibank operations.

ok, so they've given me a Macquarie black visa card. It's a signature card, which i guess has visa benefits.
Macquarie rewards is pretty dismal. $1925 spend gets a $20 gift card - so a bit over 1%.

Foreign exchange looks pretty good. Says fee free for select currencies. Also has a warning about DCC.

If you choose to pay in the foreign currency, this amount will be converted to Australian dollars by Visa, using the applicable exchange rate on the date the purchase is debited to your account. Remember, exchange rates may fluctuate between the time your purchase is authorised and the time we debit your account.

Under the Visa scheme, if the purchase is made in United States dollars, Canadian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Singapore dollars, Pounds Sterling, Euros or Japanese Yen then the amount will be converted directly into Australian dollars. Purchases made in any other foreign currency will be converted into United States dollars before being converted into Australian dollars. The online conversion rate calculator shows you the indicative rates set by Visa for these conversions.

If you choose to pay in Australian dollars, the merchant will convert the foreign currency into Australian dollars at the time of the transaction. This is called ‘dynamic currency’ conversion. The exchange rate is not determined by Visa but by the merchant’s dynamic currency conversion service provider.

You won’t incur an international transaction fee, however some merchants may charge additional fees, so choosing to pay in Australian dollars can be more costly.
4 free additional cards in the $149 annual fee, IIRC jetstar card you had to pay for additional card holders.

hard call if I ditch it.

Back