Jetstar advert in the smh

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dave Noble, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Just flicking through the paper, it seems that the ACCC has had something to say about Jetstar'a misleading advertising

There is an advert today which states

Dave

2. grey goose

grey goose Junior Member

Jun 18, 2007
    I would be interested to find out how many people rang up jetstar and ask for their premium economy seat for the same price as the economy seat....

...It seemed rather obvious to me what they ment in their advertising but i would still be interested in the number of queries they got.

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And why the ACCC acted.

Was it complaints from customers/other airlines? Or an ACCC'er doing their job and spotting it.

Another airline did similar dodgy tricks a while ago (50% off sale which wasn't a 50% off sale). Even though I complained to the ACCC, they did nothing at the time (but definately saw my point as to why I was complaining), so I do wonder what it takes for the message to get through. My complaint was added to that airline's file though for future reference if needed.

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    For the most part, I think it takes complaints for the ACCC to act. An individual consumer making a complaint holds little sway, but I guess a competitor lodging a complaint may get investigated.