JetStar A330-200 whY cabin - which seat? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

JetStar A330-200 whY cabin - which seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
1,671
Hi guys,

I'm looking at requesting 2 seats on JQ SYD-HNL flight (I'm assuming I can do this with JQ?), and I'm tossing up between 23A and B (bulkhead), and 45A and B (exit row).

I've sat in 34C (bulkhead) on a 747 before, and the legroom was OK (better than normal), but not fantastic. The legroom in 45A and B would obviously be a lot better, but how obtrusive is the exit door on an A330-200? Too uncomfortable for an 11hr flight?

I used the Seat Guru seatmap:
SeatGuru Seat Map Qantas Airways Airbus A330-200 (332)

Any advice or experience would be appreciated.

Cheers,
- Febs.
 

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
1,671
D'oh...both rows are already gone (10 months in advance!)

Strange that QF won't allocate exit row seats until checkin (which is perfectly understandable, and something I expected), but JQ will happily do it in advance.

Cheers,
- Febs.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,095
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Febs said:
D'oh...both rows are already gone (10 months in advance!)

Strange that QF won't allocate exit row seats until checkin (which is perfectly understandable, and something I expected), but JQ will happily do it in advance.

Cheers,
- Febs.
Those on Jetsaver fares cannot select from the first four rows of the JetFlex/Saver cabin or the Exit rows.

If you are on the more expensive JetFlex fare, the Exit rows become available as well as the 2nd-4th rows of the cabin. The First Row (row 23) remains blocked; being preserved for those with infants as there are bassinets in front of 23A/B, 23D/E, 23F/G & 23J/K.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Can Award flights pre-allocate seats? I have my JQ trip to Hobart in March and was wondering if I will be able to get good seats for us all.
 

Evan

Established Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2006
Messages
3,185
My preference is 23A or 23K, the window side armrest also comes up and is not fixed so if you like a little extra room its nice. (It is on 333's and i seem to remember also 332's)
After that any other seat in row 23, and then any isle seat in the forward cabin.

(the 332's unlike the QF 747's dont have the AVOD boxes under the isle seats, so leg room is better)

Evan
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,095
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
simongr said:
Can Award flights pre-allocate seats? I have my JQ trip to Hobart in March and was wondering if I will be able to get good seats for us all.
Not when booking; I suggest calling JQ after making your booking and asking. While you are at it, get their booking reference (different to Qantas') and you may be able to select/change seats yourself.
 

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
1,671
serfty said:
Those on Jetsaver fares cannot select from the first four rows of the JetFlex/Saver cabin or the Exit rows.
Are award flights counted as JetSaver fares or JetFlex?

I guess JetSaver, because when I asked what the forward-most row I could get was, I was told 27 (which is the 5th row).

Cheers,
- Febs.
 

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
1,671
simongr said:
Can Award flights pre-allocate seats? I have my JQ trip to Hobart in March and was wondering if I will be able to get good seats for us all.
You can allocate seats (within the restrictions serfty mentioned, I guess), but I don't think you can allocate seats for domestic flights on JQ (just like you can't on QF).

Cheers,
- Febs.
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Messages
4,438
Flights
My Map
Febs said:
You can allocate seats (within the restrictions serfty mentioned, I guess), but I don't think you can allocate seats for domestic flights on JQ (just like you can't on QF).

Cheers,
- Febs.
I was able to pre-allocate seats MEL-HBA-MEL on JQ on a Jetsaver fare. From memory I was able to do it at (online) booking time for one leg, but the other leg had been previously booked for me by someone else, and I was able to ring JQ and get seat allocation (ie. once booking was done and dusted, there was no option to log back in later and online allocate seats). This was when seat allocation was in its infancy on JQ, and the agent was obviously a little unused to people phoning for seat allocations, but it worked out anyway.
 

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
1,671
tuapekastar said:
I was able to pre-allocate seats MEL-HBA-MEL on JQ on a Jetsaver fare. From memory I was able to do it at (online) booking time for one leg, but the other leg had been previously booked for me by someone else, and I was able to ring JQ and get seat allocation (ie. once booking was done and dusted, there was no option to log back in later and online allocate seats). This was when seat allocation was in its infancy on JQ, and the agent was obviously a little unused to people phoning for seat allocations, but it worked out anyway.
Actually, yep - you're right! I now remember doing this when I booked a SYD-OOL-SYD flight last year.

Sorry, just ignore my previous post. I think my brain's joined me on holidays. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,095
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Febs said:
... I don't think you can allocate seats for domestic flights on JQ (just like you can't on QF).
Nup, allocation has been available for domestic JQ since the beginning of October ... :idea:
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
Well I phoned JQ this morning and had 10ABCD allocated on the way out and 8ABCD on the return. Only going for two nights so will probably only take hand luggage. Not sure how good the seats will be - but they are pretty far forward :)
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,095
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
If you wish to see how seating is going; do a dummy booking on JQ for a JetFlex fare for the same flights. Aside from the blocked seats you will get an idea of current allocations.

BTW, did you get the JQ booking reference for your trip (it will be different from the QF one. If there is one, you may be able to use it to redo allocations etc online ).
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
14,426
I didnt get the reference number - but will be happy with these seats. Everyone apart from me is quite short so leg room is not an issue - and I will grab an aisle seat.
 
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,296
Messages
2,079,451
Members
53,697
Latest member
shiblinoman
Top