J class seating QF5 SYD -SIN ?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by suparockin, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. suparockin

suparockin Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Hi guys and girls,

I'm flying QF5 SYD-SIN on a A330-300, I'm just wondering if I should bother with a J upgrade?

Is it a Skybed mk1 or worse ?

Cheers!

2. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    When are you going, at present they are Skybed Mk1s

3. suparockin

suparockin Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    19th of August, return on QF6 on the 23rd.

4. OATEK

OATEK Established Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Sydney
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    EF says it is angle lie flat - so Mark 1 seats. Only 7 out of 30 showing as allocated.

5. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    The 333's currently have the one J product, which is the MK1 skybed.

6. AustraliaPoochie

AustraliaPoochie Established Member

Personally though, for such a short trip, ie, less than say 10 hours, even though you will have a night flight on the way back, I would stick in Y.
    After all, the 330 is only 2 abrest, if you choose online check in and take a window or aisle seat, ie, AB or the other side, JK. (THOUGHT it was GH)...
    Maybe if it was SYD to PEK, or something a bit longer, I would go J, please don't bite me.
    If you are a member of the our (this website's) Gold program, you would have discounted QP annual membership, which is a good thing, and yes, I have used SYD QPi.
    This is the musings of an old dog!:shock:

7. AustraliaPoochie

AustraliaPoochie Established Member

On a side note, pick AB going up, as you get the sun set, if you are on the flight I am thinking, you get to see a lot of little lights from the ships about 2 hours before arrival into SIN.
    I was one of the highlights of my trip from PER to SIN a few years ago, before I realised that QF wasn't my bestest friend, when they took the day flight away from SIN to PER. Watching as the plane came into Changi had a wow factor too.
    My return to PER was (at that time a day one). Your return will be a early am arrival into SYD, so maybe an AB seat can't also go amiss.
    For me, the sun set was a bit of a downer, as it was a lot of clouds and it wasn't the real sunset I was hoping for, ie, cloudless.
    Enjoy the trip anyway.

8. eminere

eminere Established Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'd go for it. Personally I don't have a problem with the MkI Skybed, I find it quite comfortable actually.

9. suparockin

suparockin Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yeah I think I will anyway, got to burn these QF points and make the most of Plat while I still have it.

I was more concerned that it might have those dodgy PE seats with the middle seat covered.

Am going SYD-SIN-CBR return so the extra comfort is a plus.

10. eminere

eminere Established Member

Feb 1, 2014
    Australia
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Definitely not, all internationally configured A333s have 2-2-2 MkI Skybeds in J.

11. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    You are confusing the 333's with the 332's.

You can count on your hand the number of times a non-skybed 332 has been deployed internationally the last couple of years. They generally only get deployed when something major has happened scheduling wise.

12. suparockin

suparockin Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I thought so but it's nice to confirm it.

Would be awesome if Qantas could put confirmation of these things along with cabin photos on the booking info.

13. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    Why the confirmation? 99.9% of the time you will be in a skybed flying internationally on a 332, 100% of the time if it is a 333.

14. suparockin

suparockin Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I can see a photo and full description of everything I buy online, why not do the same for flights. Seems like an easy thing to do.

15. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
  16. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Established Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yes and no. The information on seating always shows the most recent version of a particular travel class and ignores all the old seating types which are still in mainstream use. It is not aircraft specific.

17. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    #17 mannej, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Why are you arguing? It states that skybed is on the 330,380 and 747 international services. What more do you need to know?