Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Is it worth it to have a crack at Platinum?

So I've managed Gold for 5 of the last 7 years (usually by only a few hundred points) but now I find myself about 1500 off Platinum curtesy of Sofitel 3 rooms for 4 nights at great rate in January for family birthday then 5 (unwanted) nights for +1 in Pullman while I had surgery for complicated appendicitis in February. So that had Gold sown up for next year then along came COVID & the gifted 3,500 points. I've had 2 nights at the local Mercure while house & sheds got pest sprayed and suddenly I'm nearly Platinum. I figure I can take a week off & do a roadie to SA now that we can drive from Mildura across the top corner. So could plan 3 nights in the Barossa (haven't been there for 35 years) in the Novotel, down to Kangaroo Island (never been & have just read a trip report) for 4 nights at the Mercure then 2 or 3 nights in Adelaide before back home. That would seal Platinum but normally I wouldn't be doing a trip like this (but longer) till next year so is Platinum worth it?

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Solutions
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

jase05

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
From what I have been reading, Accor have been quite the sticklers on the" Make their reservation via Flight Centre Centre Travel Group" group part of the promotion.
I was wondering if that was the case.
My parents are Gold members and have registered for fast track. They have stayed 8 nights since and haven’t received the bonus yet

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carladanita.075