Is AMEX travel website down ? And missing $400 travel credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

desafinado74

I tried to log into the AMEX website this evening (6pm) to check my account summary but could not get in.
Has anyone had the same problem too ?
The app worked but not the website.

Also, my $400 travel credit from my AMEX Explorer is not showing up on the AMEX Travel page.
Has anyone had this problem before too?

Sometimes even though you access Amex Travel through the platinum account page, the membership info doesn't seem to transfer over. I too was on Amex travel last night around the same time and got an error that Amex Online Travel was not available using travel credits. Try logging in again on the travel page, your travel credits should appear then. Worked for me, as I booked two flights using two credits right after that.

Also a simple log out and log back in usually fixes this.

Last night I noticed that there were no flights for my date at 4pm, but when I logged back in at 7pm there were (and it had also become the next day in the USA), so maybe they were doing daily maintenance at that time, since 1800hrs in Sydney is 0000 west coast USA and that would seem like a normal time for this to occur?

Also re: missing credits, I had to call and have the Explorer one added to my account, as when they merged the Explorer to my Ascent Premium MR account, the travel credit had to be manually moved for some reason.

Thanks for the replies. This morning i called up AMEX about this problem, Apparently, their IT system at the moment has trouble recognising the Explorer travel credits. So they had to create a new online account for my Explorer card, and separate it from my original account which contained both the Explorer and Velocity Platinum cards. This method works as i can see my $400 travel credit now.

Hi Albyd, sorry i can't answer your question, as i am not under the Ascent membership category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back