International Economy Flex upgrades | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

International Economy Flex upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

GalaxyNexus

I'm about to book a SYD-LAX in Economy Flex, however I'm a bit confused about the upgrades.

The fare rule on the booking page AUUSFF2JQI says:
"For the purposes of redeeming Qantas Points for a Flight Upgrade Award, this fare is classed as Economy."

According to the new table however: "~~~ For international flights: a) Economy includes classes G, K, L, M, S and V; and b) Flexible Economy includes classes B, H and Y." and this particular Economy Flex fare that I'm looking at books into class H.

Whereas the upgrade calculator says Y is economy and nothing is flex...

So the question is, has anyone tried this post simplification day, and do you get charged 18k to upgrade Y->PE, or do you get charged 45k? :shock:

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Looks like the web site has not kept up with thefairer and simpler changes ⚡ .

Flex economy? Have toy comped the cost difference of purchasing PE outright?

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
I'm about to book a SYD-LAX in Economy Flex, however I'm a bit confused about the upgrades.

The fare rule on the booking page AUUSFF2JQI says:
"For the purposes of redeeming Qantas Points for a Flight Upgrade Award, this fare is classed as Economy."

According to the new table however: "~~~ For international flights: a) Economy includes classes G, K, L, M, S and V; and b) Flexible Economy includes classes B, H and Y." and this particular Economy Flex fare that I'm looking at books into class H.

Whereas the upgrade calculator says Y is economy and nothing is flex...

So the question is, has anyone tried this post simplification day, and do you get charged 18k to upgrade Y->PE, or do you get charged 45k? :shock:
Hi GalaxyNexus, Yes this had me confused last week when I booked a Flex Economy on QF11 for tomorrow which booked into H.
You will be pleased to hear that the upgrade calculator is incorrect, it looks like Y, H & B can be upgraded for the lower points cost.
My upgrade to J came through at T-60 for 45,000 points on a H class fare. This is the beauty of WP for me, a good chance of a J seat for an economy flex fare plus 45k points
Regards Dalek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GILLSPILL