Ia anyone flying to Thailand on Wednesday 27th June TG980 MEL-BKK

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by thai-flyer, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. thai-flyer

thai-flyer Newbie

Jun 25, 2007
    Thailand
    I am an exchange student in Australia for 12 months and I have got 40kg luggage but I am allowed only 20kg.

So If anyone is flying the same flight as me (TG 980 MEL-BKK 27th Wed)and dont have much luggage I'd like to combine with you.

Thank you

2. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    Do not take this personally, but I doubt anyone would assist someone they don't know with luggage being checked, and I say this from a security aspect only. However, I recall reading a thread recently where luggage can be sent through a firm at a relatively cheap rate and would at least ensure your luggage gets to your home in BKK.

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Some Thai student tickets allow for an additional 10-20Kg of excess baggage. Have you checked with Thai or your travel agent to see if you're eligible for this?

4. thai-flyer

thai-flyer Newbie

Jun 25, 2007
    Thailand
    I have checked with Thai Airways. They said I was allowed just 20kg, a few kgs over may be allowed but depends on a person who I check in with. Hand luggage just only 7 kg.

TO MACCA 44...
    I don't take offensive stuff into my homecountry.

5. DTM1

DTM1 Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Melbourne
    Does that mean that you do into other people's countries ?

- sorry, couldn't help myself...

- no hard feelings.

6. JonnoP

JonnoP Junior Member

May 9, 2006
    And if anyone could spare an extra 100Kgs. I would be more than happy to go to thailand in a suitcase so I can have yet another vacation..

7. fortymilliondaggers

May 1, 2007
    Sorry buddy I thnk you'd be flat out of luck with this; 20kgs isnt a huge amount anyway. Just pony up the extra cash or trim the fat from your carry-on.