I know who you are and where you live!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Jobu, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Jobu

Jobu Member

Dec 24, 2005
    To continue the off topic thread from Lindsay's TR (sorry Lindsay!):

Those check-in people know quite alot! I checked in recently and was given a window seat when my profile says aisle. I asked if it could be changed to an aisle seat in the QP and they could only offer me row 56 (no thanks). They also told me that my booking was made by XXX travel agent and that they had requested the window seat for me.

JOBU
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Big brother is watching your every move Jobu. :(

3. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Don't be sorry Jobu...it should be me saying "thank you", for creating a new topic for the continuation of this discussion.

I've never had this situation as described by you and Mal

4. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    IME the seat booked by the travel agent always overrides any seating preferences noted on your personal profile in the airline reservation system. Personal seating preferences are useful when booking directly with the airline. When using outside parties (e.g. travel agents) then you should always state your seating preferences anew.

5. Jobu

Jobu Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Yes - I now know this to be true - but it was more that I was surprised at how they could tell me all this information without delving in or investigating it at all (i.e. this stuff all appears on their screen)...

I've alwas wanted to swing that monitor around just to see why they get these perplexed looks on their faces when checking me in... (must have some sort of warning about me!) :D

JOBU [beware the loon!]

6. shillard

shillard Guest

Your boarding passes don't have "LOMBARD" under "Service Information", do they?

:p

7. FF Wannabe

FF Wannabe Junior Member

Dec 23, 2005
    To see what is on the computer screen at check in all you need to do is visit Perth international airport an go up the esculator and then look down on the check in area with a pair of binoculars and you can get a perfeck view of the info on the computer.

8. FF Wannabe

FF Wannabe Junior Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Sorry about the spelling mistake on "perfect" I submitted it without checking it and don't know how to edit it.

9. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Or MEL domestic.

Still, I wonder if a pair of binoculars would get through Security Screening. I'm sure the glass in them could be used to concentrate sunlight on some flights to cause a fire! :D

Or, to look into a toilet on a plane passing by! :D

Not to mention the possible use to actually spot planes on a tarmac. Nah, that would never happen!