Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

I know who you are and where you live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
498
Points
5
To continue the off topic thread from Lindsay's TR (sorry Lindsay!):

Mal said:
Lindsay,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but the Qantas checkin agents appear to have access to most of your FF details - including date of birth.

I was recently at an Australian airport flying domestically. They CSA says "Mal, Were you born XX XXX XXXX". I said Yes.

He then said, "Qantas have decided to upgrade to you to Business." (or words to that affect).

I said thanks, and collected my J boarding pass.

So yes, I think the CSA's know more about us than they let on! No idea why he was questioning my age, then again, I do look a few years older than I am!!

Those check-in people know quite alot! I checked in recently and was given a window seat when my profile says aisle. I asked if it could be changed to an aisle seat in the QP and they could only offer me row 56 (no thanks). They also told me that my booking was made by XXX travel agent and that they had requested the window seat for me.

JOBU
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,731
Points
3,070
Big brother is watching your every move Jobu. :(
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,727
Points
1,570
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Don't be sorry Jobu...it should be me saying "thank you", for creating a new topic for the continuation of this discussion.

I've never had this situation as described by you and Mal
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
Points
0
Jobu said:
Those check-in people know quite alot! I checked in recently and was given a window seat when my profile says aisle. I asked if it could be changed to an aisle seat in the QP and they could only offer me row 56 (no thanks). They also told me that my booking was made by XXX travel agent and that they had requested the window seat for me.

JOBU
IME the seat booked by the travel agent always overrides any seating preferences noted on your personal profile in the airline reservation system. Personal seating preferences are useful when booking directly with the airline. When using outside parties (e.g. travel agents) then you should always state your seating preferences anew.
 

Jobu

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
498
Points
5
BlacKnox said:
IME the seat booked by the travel agent always overrides any seating preferences noted on your personal profile in the airline reservation system. Personal seating preferences are useful when booking directly with the airline. When using outside parties (e.g. travel agents) then you should always state your seating preferences anew.

Yes - I now know this to be true - but it was more that I was surprised at how they could tell me all this information without delving in or investigating it at all (i.e. this stuff all appears on their screen)...

I've alwas wanted to swing that monitor around just to see why they get these perplexed looks on their faces when checking me in... (must have some sort of warning about me!) :D

JOBU [beware the loon!]
 
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
S

shillard

Guest
Jobu said:
I've alwas wanted to swing that monitor around just to see why they get these perplexed looks on their faces when checking me in... (must have some sort of warning about me!) :D

JOBU [beware the loon!]

Your boarding passes don't have "LOMBARD" under "Service Information", do they?

:p
 

FF Wannabe

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2005
Messages
21
Points
0
To see what is on the computer screen at check in all you need to do is visit Perth international airport an go up the esculator and then look down on the check in area with a pair of binoculars and you can get a perfeck view of the info on the computer.
 

FF Wannabe

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2005
Messages
21
Points
0
Sorry about the spelling mistake on "perfect" I submitted it without checking it and don't know how to edit it.
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
FF Wannabe said:
To see what is on the computer screen at check in all you need to do is visit Perth international airport an go up the esculator and then look down on the check in area with a pair of binoculars and you can get a perfeck view of the info on the computer.

Or MEL domestic.

Still, I wonder if a pair of binoculars would get through Security Screening. I'm sure the glass in them could be used to concentrate sunlight on some flights to cause a fire! :D

Or, to look into a toilet on a plane passing by! :D

Not to mention the possible use to actually spot planes on a tarmac. Nah, that would never happen!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,612
Messages
2,100,587
Members
53,917
Latest member
martinmathews
Top