Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

I have been threatened by my booking reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonely Flyer

I have just made a premium economy award booking and my booking reference is somewhat alarming.

An anagram of YOUDIE. Apparently I cannot get it changed.

Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
You don't get booking references like that in First :p

tgh

Established Member
When do you fly ?
I guess there is one positive ….they are giving you time to prepare….;)

33kft

Established Member
Sounds like they need to blacklist that one.

In past lives, I've worked for a institution that used to auto-provision student usernames from their initials/part of their surname, and another that would automatically generate fingerprints that were several four letter words in a row.

Both involved some liberal blacklisting of certain terms and at times, some apology and contrition when the automated systems would make statements that don't bare repeating. Schemes like this can often surprise their creators in terms of the "creative" output generated.

Saltywings

I must confess, I came into this thread expecting something else.

However, I am not disappointed :D:D:D:D:D

GoldCanyon340

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Sounds like they need to blacklist that one.

In past lives, I've worked for a institution that used to auto-provision student usernames from their initials/part of their surname, and another that would automatically generate fingerprints that were several four letter words in a row.

Both involved some liberal blacklisting of certain terms and at times, some apology and contrition when the automated systems would make statements that don't bare repeating. Schemes like this can often surprise their creators in terms of the "creative" output generated.

Even though the OP's example is an anagram, I've designed auto provision algorithms and always included the option to reference an admin table to block unwanted combinations of letters and numbers.

33kft

Established Member
Even though the OP's example is an anagram, I've designed auto provision algorithms and always included the option to reference an admin table to block unwanted combinations of letters and numbers.

Sure, but have you ever met someone able to accurately predict all the combinations to put in that table? :p It is this process of discovery that tends to occur after the fact (of course the more predictable entries are screened out from the start, but they aren't necessarily the worst outcomes sometimes).

RooFlyer

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
An anagram of youdie? Like IYEODU? Problem?

Even then, I read the word as you-dee.

tdimdad

If I was sitting next to you, you'd be rather worried when I start taking my shoes off... :oops: Sorry about that!

Denali

Solutions
Me spelling it out to husband: It's Y. O. U. D. I. E

Husband thinks for a few seconds: Woody?

Me : o_O:oops:

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
It reminds me of another reason I don't fly VA much.I forget the number in the middle but it went FK4W1T.So I said to myself well if that's what they think of me I won't fly with them.
Sadly a necessity every now and then to get my FB points to SQ.

AIRwin

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
It reminds me of another reason I don't fly VA much.I forget the number in the middle but it went FK4W1T.So I said to myself well if that's what they think of me I won't fly with them.

Since cutover to Sabre, VA's booking reference no longer contains numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.