I Did OLCI and Seat Selection - Can Seat Be Changed?

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by robd, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. robd

robd Established Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Flying SIN-MEL in about 7 hours. Last night I did OLCI and seat selection for Jnr who MUST have aisle. The only option I could see at the time was 41G, so selected it. Having another look a couple of minutes ago, there appears to be better seats available (41G looks to be right in front of the loo - which is obviously crappy).

Is it possible to change seat even though I've OLCI'd? Can it be done online or at the airport?

2. Hvr

Hvr Senior Member

Jun 27, 2007
    MEL
    Yes, just log on again and select another suitable seat. There is an option just to select your seat if you've already checked in.

3. robd

robd Established Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I'm confused. The online checkin button is available too. If I go to seat select again, it says it's $25. Which button?

I have BP with 41G ?

4. robd

robd Established Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Tried changing seats and it gave me "can't do", "seat - null null".

5. robd

robd Established Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The end result - rang QF. They couldn't access the booking to change the seat, as it's under airport control, although QF agent agreed I should still be able to access to change.

The best she could do was to message SIN agents to change seat assignment manually. Fingers crossed :/