Hsbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansettrule

Intern
Could anybody please asvise me of what HSBC are like to deal with in reagrds to credit cards.
I recieved an application in the mail and am still deciding if I am going to apply or not.
Thanks

Overall pretty impressed by HSBC's products and service. One thing I like is that when I call them, I either get the call centre in Australia, Singapore or Malaysia. In all cases, operators are good, speak clear English, understand what they should understand and do what they say they will.

It is very different to Amex who use call centres in India and the their operators are simply useless to speak to.

My only issue with the credit cards, is the lack of frequent flyer point redemptions.

I agree the service is excellent.

Also very satisfied with HSBC service, both in relation to credit cards and banking products. Phone service has always been excellent.

Am also very happy with them and have been with them for about 5 years now.

It would be excellent if i can find a way for them to waive the gold credit card fees, but so far no luck with that. I've tried the "i'll cancel it" threat and still no go.

mmice said:
Am also very happy with them and have been with them for about 5 years now.

It would be excellent if i can find a way for them to waive the gold credit card fees, but so far no luck with that. I've tried the "i'll cancel it" threat and still no go.

Agree. I tried to get my credit card fee waived last month and threatened to cancel... but it didn't work.

Unusual when their competitors are offering all sorts of deals like 10,000 of frequent flyer points and annual fee waivers.

But in the end, I paid the fee and kept it because it was easier and the credit limit is high.

so it sounds like i'm not the only one that is stuck with paying the fee.

Either they are really confident of their product or some unknown reason that they are that harsh on this policy.

Then again, you are the 3rd person that i know that has paid the fee. :-|

i had my annual fee waived last year, however it wasn't done so this year. I've now cancelled my card - it wasn't getting any use anyway!

My banking experience has been good with HSBC, unfortunately the credit card online experience has been terrible, i changed because of the EZYbank swapping to CBA, wish I had stayed with CBA!! the HSBC past transactions and changing forward payments is most user unfriendly, but like most others changing again is time consuming etc but if they don't get better then virgin looks the go.

I applied for a HSBC credit card about 4 weeks ago.
I had to complete the 100 point identity check the other day at Australia post.
Can anybody tell me what happens after you complete this check??.
Does it mean you are approved or denied.
I am leaving for overseas on thursday and want to know before I leave if it was approved or denied.
Thanks everyone.

I did e-mail HSBC asking why don't they link with any FF program. Their reply was that they welcome this sort of e-mail so they can develop this in future. Maybe all of us should send an e-mail to them?

Off topic: anyone reckons the platinum from HSBC looks cheapo? :D

I notice HSBC doesn't make a big deal about mileage partners in other markets like HKG, BKK or SIN too. They do have them, but the conversion rates are not fantastic. Seems that Amex is much more into mileage partners and relationships/co-branding with airlines.

I suspect it is because of cost. An inhouse rewards program is much cheaper than having to pay airlines for miles.

Also, I notice in other markets they promote the "Premier" VISA/Mastercard, which is their own branding/status. This means they don't to pay the additional fees for Platinum to VISA/Mastercard.

As for the card design, HSBC standardises across the world. A new better looking design came out this year, but I haven't seen it rolled out to Australia yet. I think they are using up all their old stocks.

I was surprised to receive an application in the mail and thought about it but decided against it.

It appears to be a no frills card, not linked to FF programs and $39/pa fee. Personally I think the Earth cards at $49/pa are much better value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back