HSBC Platinum VISA 60,000 QFF points for $0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Thanks Dr!

I cancelled this one in Dec - might be worth a try? What are the odds they 'manufacture' an exclusion period and it's all for naught?

Wow. Thanks Dr!

I cancelled this one in Dec - might be worth a try? What are the odds they 'manufacture' an exclusion period and it's all for naught?
They may deny you based on a non disclosed exclusion period.

Macquarie has gained a reputation for doing this. No stated exclusion period but frequently deny people if they reapply within 6 months of cancelling.

They may deny you based on a non disclosed exclusion period.

Macquarie has gained a reputation for doing this. No stated exclusion period but frequently deny people if they reapply within 6 months of cancelling.

Hm, can't find the 60k bonus points on the page either - looks like that might be the catch?

Hm, can't find the 60k bonus points on the page either - looks like that might be the catch?
Link was from here:

Special Offers - Frequent Flyer Deals | Qantas Points

where it states:

'HSBC Platinum Qantas credit card: 60,000 bonus Qantas Points offer is available to new HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card holders who spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within three months of card approval. Bonus points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within two months of the minimum spend being met. Eligible purchases exclude business expenses, interest free promotions, interest free merchant purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.'

Looking at this again I think that there is some risk.

The Qantas page clearly indicates the fee free offer is current. But when you follow the link there is no mention of the bonus points.

Be aware you may need to fight for this if you proceed.

Might be a fight with Qantas for not updating their website, or HSBC for not telling them to. Either way, I don't have the stamina right now but good luck to anyone that does!

Update: I'm double checking with HSBC to make sure the offer is legit.

I think the first page is the old offer of 60,000 points (but with no expiry date). The link goes to the details of the new offer with expiry date but no mention of bonus points.

I’m always up for a challenge, but won’t be applying for this unless it gets clarified.

Further update: HSBC says no such current offer. This was an older offer. Seems very strange given the stated expiry date.

But I think it very unwise to proceed with an application. I'll ask a mod to close the thread.

Apologies for misleading anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back