Not open for further replies.

Newk

Established Member
Sometimes you just need to ventilate. Please excuse me

"Mr X
Service Centre Manager
Credit Card Operations

Dear Mr X

Thank you for the enclosed letter re my Balance Transfer request (card xx_xx_xx_xx_x)

I hope that it is useful for you that I recount my experience with your organisation.

1) About two months ago I received a balance transfer offer. I tried to activate this on-line and failed.
2) I phoned your service centre and was helped by a very nice man who assured me that I wasn’t the only one having trouble with the web site and that he was hence able to help me on the phone. We took time and great care and I made my balance transfer requests that way. The time and effort to get the card numbers and amounts correct means that I am certain beyond certain that this actually occurred.
3) Some weeks went by, and nothing had happened and I phoned your service centre wondering what had happened to my request. I was assured that I had not received a balance transfer offer but if I had it was impossible that I could activate it via a phone call. And that there was absolutely no record of my request even if I had received the offer. Luckily I was able to reference the original letter and so prove that I had indeed received the BT offer.
4) So after some hold music it was confirmed that I was eligible after all, but it was still impossible to do over the phone. And my first request? “No record of that sir.”
5) I hope you aren’t getting bored because it gets better
6) So I did the request on-line. This time it worked.
7) A few days later I got a phone call asking which one of my requests HSBC should fulfil……the “non existent one” done by the “impossible” method or the new one done on the web.
8) I suggested that we just get on with it and do the latter one done on-line.
9) Today I got the letter telling me that you “cannot process the request”

There are obviously problems with your processes and record keeping. Please don’t attempt to debate the facts as outlined above. I can assure that I have the steps correctly recorded.
Oh and another thing. I had a balance transfer offer from one of the big four recently. I was able to do this by phone and the money was in my other account the next day.
I really cannot say anything else other than I eagerly await your take on all of this. Another balance transfer offer would be appreciated, but not expected. An assurance that you are doing something to clean up your pathways would also be reassuring.

Yours sincerely"

End of rant. Thanks for listening

That is not good at all.

I have been doing balance transfers with HSBC by fax for a number of years. I noticed they no longer have the balance transfer form and have included the request online. I put a balance transfer request in online last month and after about a week there was nothing. So I found a balance transfer form I had previously and faxed it in and it was processed almost immediately as it had been in the past.

I am guessing they have some issues with their online processing.

I tried a balance transfer online, and I later got a letter advising the account number was incorrect. Given I checked the number a few times, the error is on their end and I won't be inclined to take up any future offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back