How we used our points before May 25th | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

How we used our points before May 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

kate

My husband had about 120,000 points but we could not find a date that suited us to use them and we wanted to make a booking before May 25th (Just in case Qantas pulled a swifty) and took all the points away.

We are going to Fiji in October, no FF award seats available. So we payed for the flight.

WE are going to Singapore in December no FF seats available so we had to pay for the flight.

I said to my husband pick a date we want to fly, go through each month until we could find a ff award flight.
We finally did. To Manila March 2006!

johnsmith

kate said:
My husband had about 120,000 points but we could not find a date that suited us to use them and we wanted to make a booking before May 25th (Just in case Qantas pulled a swifty) and took all the points away.

We are going to Fiji in October, no FF award seats available. So we payed for the flight.

WE are going to Singapore in December no FF seats available so we had to pay for the flight.

I said to my husband pick a date we want to fly, go through each month until we could find a ff award flight.
We finally did. To Manila March 2006!
Did you ring Qantas or use the internet, Every time I use the Qantas online FF booking service I can never get the flight I want, so now I ring them and have no trouble getting any of the dates I want. When you book online you only have access to Qantas but when you phone you can book on any of the Oneworld Alliance member airlines

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
johnsmith said:
Did you ring Qantas or use the internet, Every time I use the Qantas online FF booking service I can never get the flight I want, so now I ring them and have no trouble getting any of the dates I want. When you book online you only have access to Qantas but when you phone you can book on any of the Oneworld Alliance member airlines
Good idea.

But post May 25 this becomes a problem as Qantas start to charge 2,500 points for booking over the telephone. Not that you have any other way of booking on Oneworld partners at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatherlee