How to win with diners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drron

Veteran Member
2 years ago my professional association cut their links with diners.As we had been getting 1.5 points per dollar spend I was concerned this might be downgraded.Got an offer for a citibank diners card with 1.25 points per dollar spend so applied for it just in case.However continue to get 1.5 points per dollar so did not activate my second card.Not activated after 18 months so sent a flyer saying will give you 4.75 points per dollar for 2 months.
An offer too good to refuse so rang to activate card.Automatic activation couldnt handle it so long after issue so was transferred to a real person and not an Indian call centre.A winner on 2 counts!

drron said:
2 years ago my professional association cut their links with diners.As we had been getting 1.5 points per dollar spend I was concerned this might be downgraded.Got an offer for a citibank diners card with 1.25 points per dollar spend so applied for it just in case.However continue to get 1.5 points per dollar so did not activate my second card.Not activated after 18 months so sent a flyer saying will give you 4.75 points per dollar for 2 months.
An offer too good to refuse so rang to activate card.Automatic activation couldnt handle it so long after issue so was transferred to a real person and not an Indian call centre.A winner on 2 counts!

Just watch out for what Citibank have up their sleeve.

It seems many people have complaints about them.

Just today, I received a letter from Citibank advising that they will be dropping the interest rate significantly of my Online Cash Manager account unless I change to a different product which incurs a $5 monthly charge.

They seem to be in a revenue grabbing frenzy. Last month, they increased their fee for overseas ATM withdrawls for savings/cheque accounts from a flat $4 to a massive 2.5%

But tell me which bank(no pun intended) is not after you for extra fees.

Anyone notice that Diners just reduced their "fee free" card payment period from 21 days to 14 days. Don't recall any advice on that.

It's my intention to move more of my business away from Diners to Amex (of which I'm also a member).

If you don't like what the big corporates are doing to you, vote with your feet! They'll get the mesage sooner or later.

clifford said:
Anyone notice that Diners just reduced their "fee free" card payment period from 21 days to 14 days. Don't recall any advice on that.

It's my intention to move more of my business away from Diners to Amex (of which I'm also a member).

If you don't like what the big corporates are doing to you, vote with your feet! They'll get the mesage sooner or later.

I received notification about the change to the "default date" or whatever they called it a couple of months back. I love Diners Terminology, they don't charge interest, they charge liquidated damages.

This was a month or two after Citibank dropped the interest free period on my Visa card the same way.

clifford said:

I only noticed by accident and this was because I was in the throes of cancelling my Diners. Now that they have seduced me with more points/$1 and waiving annual fee I will continue with DC:!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back