Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

How to make the most from GOLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

recently made Gold. Hoora!

Any tips on how to make the most of it?

I've signed up for the HERTZ and HHonors program.

I also don't really understand what an "award" seat is. Does that just mean cashing in your points for a free ticket?

JohnK

Veteran Member
Luggage, premium check-in and lounge access.

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Luggage, premium check-in and lounge access.

You mean you don't mobile check-in and head straight to the lounge? :shock:

Actually a very useful benefit for International. ;)

casanovawa

Established Member
And yes, an award ticket is one where you use your points to book a seat, I don't think they are ever free, there is always some sort of cash cost usually although by using more points I suppose you can pay completely in points to cover and taxes and surcharges in some frequent flyer programs...

Thanks all!

Can you use your GOLD card to get priority check in for the person you're travelling with?

Bolthead

Last year my daughter went to Europe with her friend and both were on the same PNR. They were waiting for my daughter but they wouldn't let her friend checkin with her. My daughter questioned her but wouldn't budge so she lined up in Y with her friend. My daughter is WP.

bullerdude

Established Member
VA to AUH and then EY to MUC

Hmmm, I wonder if you were checked in by a contracted staff member....

Either way that is pathetic service from VA, if your daughter is a Plat then her friend should have been checked in at the same time. Send some feedback.

Bolthead

Hmmm, I wonder if you were checked in by a contracted staff member....

Either way that is pathetic service from VA, if your daughter is a Plat then her friend should have been checked in at the same time. Send some feedback.

I think it is too late now and I know my daughter won't be bothered. If I thought of it at the time I would have encouraged her to do it... (next time - hopefully there won't be a next time)

Credit cards which earn frequent flyer points is a popular way to earn frequent flyer points. You can receive thousands of points on everyday spend. And, many of these cards offer generous signup bonuses! Compare to find the credit card that best suits your needs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chop