How to book stopovers | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

How to book stopovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickstatus

Many fare rules allow stopovers. Is there a way of booking a stopover without a travel agent

A fare is $XXXX for ABC-GHI transiting through DEF. How do I book a stopover (>24 hours or several days) in DEF (fare rules allow a stopover)?

Or am I really booking a multi fare multisegment?

Thanks in advance

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I'll be curious to see the answer, as I recently booked some flights with QR and simply used multi-city to give myself a few days in Doha. The fare didn't seem to change in value and the conditions that I was aiming for did allow stopovers.

Reactions: Ade

Quickstatus

SYD-NRT via KUL is the same price as SYD-KUL in J. SYD-KUL // KUL-NRT is double SYD-KUL

I want to stopover in KUL on the outbound

MH

Last edited:

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Perhaps this is a married segment issue?

In your case you may need to use a travel agent, but I'm not an expert on this.

Quickstatus

Yes they are essentially Married segments MS but I want to do a stopover in only one direction while keeping the MS pricing. Sounds like a TA job.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Yes they are essentially Married segments MS but I want to do a stopover in only one direction while keeping the MS pricing. Sounds like a TA job.
Even a travel agent may not be able to. Depends on the fare rules. Some may only permit a stopover in one direction, or not at all.

When you do the booking for SYD-KUL, is there a tab somewhere with the fare rules?

ftm

Flights
My Map
While a TA can do this easily, I believe in the online search space you use a Multi City search. It is still a stopover and has nothing to do with Married Segments if it is >24hrs.

trooper

Established Member
Sure did! Albacete, Spain...Dezful, Iran..... Awww... nothing for GHI... bummer! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AzzzzzA