Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

How quickly after booking can I bid for an upgrade?

Fifi

Hi, I have to book flights via our business travel agent. I requested for the flights to be booked on an upgradeable fare - but the bid upgrade says it's not possible on this fare.

Has the travel agent made a mistake?

defurax

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum 1
Assuming you are booked in the correct fare class, you can only submit the request once the booking is ticketed.

To see the booking class for each segment just go to "Manage my booking". Class N, O and Q can't be upgraded, everything else is upgradable.

Fifi

Assuming you are booked in the correct fare class, you can only submit the request once the booking is ticketed.

To see the booking class for each segment just go to "Manage my booking". Class N, O and Q can't be upgraded, everything else is upgradable.

Thanks.. it appears the fares are M and V so should be ok... maybe it hasn't been ticketed yet. Really appreciate you coming back so quickly :)

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

TheInsider

Established Member
Solutions
Points upgrade is different to a bid upgrade. Bid upgrades you have to be invited to do so. Not on all flights and not on all days. Can vary.

Fifi

Points upgrade is different to a bid upgrade. Bid upgrades you have to be invited to do so. Not on all flights and not on all days. Can vary.
Strangely I've done it before by just googling a link and doing it without the invite

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoFlight2Ningaloo