How much is 10,000 points worth (roughly) when applied to points + pay | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

How much is 10,000 points worth (roughly) when applied to points + pay

Duffa

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The ba5tards expired my points - I can reinstate them for 0.025 per point but am not sure it is worth it. Especially as the value of the discount might be less than the reinstate cost.
How much is 10,000 points (for example) worth when applied to points + pay please?
Many thanks

Last edited:

opusman

AFF Supporter
Just checked - $62.

10000 pts can also get you a o/w upgrade on MEL/SYD, or a o/w redemption flight in economy (plus taxes).

33kft

AFF Supporter
Last edited:

opusman

AFF Supporter
Actually this is the first time I've seen QF want money to reinstate expired points. Previous reports have all been along the lines of an "earn X points in Y months" type challenge.

VPS

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Actually this is the first time I've seen QF want money to reinstate expired points. Previous reports have all been along the lines of an "earn X points in Y months" type challenge.
Isn’t he talking about Hilton or is it in the wrong thread

Duffa

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm talking about Hilton Honours points - hence the post in the Hilton thread.....
Sorry about the confusion!
:p

JohnM

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Oops - I need to read titles more carefully! I'm not a hotel points person :rolleyes:.

33kft

AFF Supporter
Got me too! Shows how much P+P is associated with QF. Hopefully my edited post is more useful than my original post, not much in it to be honest.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I value Honors points at a minimum of ½¢ each - with some redemption you can easily get ¾¢.

So, 10k Honors to me is worth AUD50-AUD75.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samzike