How Long For Application to Show Up On Credit File??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeborgo

Hi All

I am in the process of re-evaluating my credit cards and want to apply for some new/different cards with other banks. My question is does anybody know how long it takes for applications to show up on my credit file? And if I apply online, will the credit check be done by computer or is it followed up by humans at a later date?

The reason I ask is, I know that applications get knocked back if the credit file is "busy" ie a lot of applications in a short period of time.

So my plan is to apply online at 2 or 3 banks at the same time. Will this work?

Thanks in advance.

i applied for an AMEX from their website and was rejected...then 3 weeks later applied again using an Event Cinemas/Gold Class promo link, as well as the 28 deg card in the same day, and was accepted for both...go figure

Hi All

I am in the process of re-evaluating my credit cards and want to apply for some new/different cards with other banks. My question is does anybody know how long it takes for applications to show up on my credit file? And if I apply online, will the credit check be done by computer or is it followed up by humans at a later date?

The reason I ask is, I know that applications get knocked back if the credit file is "busy" ie a lot of applications in a short period of time.

So my plan is to apply online at 2 or 3 banks at the same time. Will this work?

Thanks in advance.

It will affect your credit file immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back