How Long For Application to Show Up On Credit File??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeborgo

Hi All

I am in the process of re-evaluating my credit cards and want to apply for some new/different cards with other banks. My question is does anybody know how long it takes for applications to show up on my credit file? And if I apply online, will the credit check be done by computer or is it followed up by humans at a later date?

The reason I ask is, I know that applications get knocked back if the credit file is "busy" ie a lot of applications in a short period of time.

So my plan is to apply online at 2 or 3 banks at the same time. Will this work?

Thanks in advance.

i applied for an AMEX from their website and was rejected...then 3 weeks later applied again using an Event Cinemas/Gold Class promo link, as well as the 28 deg card in the same day, and was accepted for both...go figure

Hi All

I am in the process of re-evaluating my credit cards and want to apply for some new/different cards with other banks. My question is does anybody know how long it takes for applications to show up on my credit file? And if I apply online, will the credit check be done by computer or is it followed up by humans at a later date?

The reason I ask is, I know that applications get knocked back if the credit file is "busy" ie a lot of applications in a short period of time.

So my plan is to apply online at 2 or 3 banks at the same time. Will this work?

Thanks in advance.

It will affect your credit file immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back