How does Marriott treat you as an elite? | Page 6 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

How does Marriott treat you as an elite?

thatsthatmattressman

Interested in knowing others recent (past 6+ months) experience with Suite Upgrades at Sheraton on the Park Sydney. I am there 10-15 nights a year (1 night stays) and have not received 1 upgrade even to a basic suite (i guess 'Excecutive Suite' in a long time. I am Titanium Elite and in the pre-merger days would get suites about 40-50% of the time. I am just getting bumped to a Grande Executive Park View Room now. I am checking and on checkin and again at 9pm the night of arrival there are still suites for sale. Anyone else notice a dropoff at this property? I have not had similar issues with Four Points Central Park Sydney nor Marriott Circular Quay. I have given up on the Westin as it has been 12months since they have upgraded to a suite even when not busy and I assume this is because they have a foot out the door as they are leaving the chain.

Irishbazz

Flights
My Map
What programme are you using now?
Have started to chase the random bargain and maximising point gain through booking.com using the ANZ portal of late. Currently heading to the Pan Pacific suites in Singapore with a tidy 6k in KF after all is said and done.

Radio8tiv

Flights
My Map
Have started to chase the random bargain and maximising point gain through booking.com using the ANZ portal of late. Currently heading to the Pan Pacific suites in Singapore with a tidy 6k in KF after all is said and done.
I haven't done the sums, but if your after KF points you can book with booking.com through KF spree also.

Kimster

Pretty disappointing with this merger. Always had upgrades and breakfast with SPG. Only SPG gold thereby now Mariott Gold. Recently stayed redemption 5 nights at Westin Osaka (no room upgrades and no breakfast) and then at Marriott Tang Plaza (nothing again).

On the other hand - similar 5 nights with Hilton Tokyo (upgraded and breakfast offered) and also at HIlton Tokyo Bay for 3 nights (also upgraded with Breakfast). Hilton Gold status

drron

AFF Supporter
Even as a platinum I am fairly sure I got a downgrade at the Marriott Tang Plaza.Though still got lounge access.
I will use Marriott this year but am trying a few more brands.Unless recognition improves the other brands will see even more of me

McLarin

Property: Marriott Manila
Date: 9 May 2019
Rate: Senior Rate 23,260PHP
Booked: 2 Guest Rooms
Upgraded: Yes, 2 Premium Rooms with balcony.
Received: 500 bonus points.

McLarin

Property: W Singapore
Date: 10 May 2019
Rate: Best rate Guarantee 299 SGD
Booked: Wonderful Twin
Upgraded: Yes, Fabulous Twin
Received: Bottomless drinks for member plus 1 at Skirt Bar 1700-1900 daily. Waived extra person fee. 15% discount on dining (in line with current offer)

Irishbazz

Flights
My Map
I haven't done the sums, but if your after KF points you can book with booking.com through KF spree also.
Have had a couple of issues with points not posting from KF spree, even though 18 months later over 1200 points still listed as pending online and complaints falling on deaf ears at KF.

Strikes

Dates: 26-27 April 2049
Property: Westdrift Manhattan Beach (Los Angeles)
Booked: Entry level King Room (Can't remember the name)
Rate: Approx $177 USD plus tax
Received: Entry level King Room and no extras
Marriott Status: Gold

Hotel fine, terrible service received. Ended up using check-in via app which probably meant I didn't receive an upgraded room, but it avoided the need to deal with the front desk again, plus it enabled us to check in early.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcvague