Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Holiday Inn / Crowne Plaza to join Velocity

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by DJ737, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Hi there
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Intercontinental Hotels which include Holiday Inn and Crowne Paza chains are to join Velocity in the 1st ? quarter of 2006.

Maybe the opportunity here to "launder" Velocity points thru Priority Club to AAdvantage :?

Cheers
    DJ737

2. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Cool! :D Thanks for the info DJ737.

3. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Wonder if we'll get ICH vouchers if the HI Phuket deal isn't honored? Thanks for the update DJ737 :D .

4. Hi there

Starts Apr 1

Cheers
    DJ737

5. Lonely Flyer

Lonely Flyer Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gold Coast
    So what will the conversion rate be?

6. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The information so far available just says that further details are to follow. However, tehre may be an introductory offer of some description.

7. cheekyflyer

cheekyflyer Newbie

Mar 22, 2006
    Let's wait and see.. I wonder what the earning rate will be..

8. Hi there

12 points per A$ spent at ICH propeties in AUS & NZ 700 points per stay elsewhere.

Cheers
    DJ737

9. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    How long to post?

Hi all,

I normally collect PC points, but the 12 velocity points per $ caught my interest and I've now changed my earning preferences with PC.

So, after a recent stay, my activity is shown on the PC page as being "points transferred to Virgin Blue" or something similar. So the points are somewhere in the ether between PC and Velocity. Has anybody had any experience with the transfer time? Is it just a once a month thing or more often than that?

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm sure they'll get there eventually, but it'd be nice to know when to expect them.

cheers
    James

10. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    It happens once a month

Hi All,

Following up to my earlier enquiry about points posting from Priority Club, I sent in a question about this via the Velocity website yesterday and had a nice follow up call today, explaining that the points transfer only happens once a month. He wasnt exactly sure about the day it happened, but said my points from my April stay would post some time in May.

Also, the points posting from Europcar also only happens once a month. So, you have to be patient.

Hope this helps,

cheers
    James

11. ksthommo

ksthommo Active Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Cairns
    Thanks for the info DJ737 & James, I've got a stay at Potts Point next weekend, changed my points preference to Velocity

12. one9

one9 Active Member

Sep 14, 2005
    So is there any way to "launder" Velocity points to AAdvantage???

13. Wunala Dreaming

Mar 14, 2006
    Brisbane
    Thanks for the update JamesF. Good to know such information...

I've decided to credit my upcoming Holiday Inn ADL stay to Velocity. Will earn 2,112 points which is exceptionally good...

The standard 6 points per $AUD is still a good deal though...

14. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    No it only works one way - Priority club to Velocity, not the other way around.

You can earn AA miles (and QFF points) directly from Priority club for hotel stays, but no connection from velocity back through to PC.

cheers
    james

15. jad01

jad01 Intern

Jan 19, 2006
    Hello
    Has anyone else experienced problems/delays in points being credited to their Velocity account from Intercontinental Hotels/Priority Club.

I had a stay almost 2mths ago and called Priority Club and astonishingly they said that the commercial agreement between them and Velocity has not been finalised and so cannot be credited to Velocity.

After emailing Velocity, they asked me to send in the receipts, which I did and weeks later still nothing has happened.

Just wondering if others have had thier stays credited yet.

JASON

16. jazzamcc

jazzamcc Junior Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Sydney
    I booked the Holiday Inn in Adelaide for July, so that I could earn some extra points. Hopefully I won't have the same experience as you jad01.
    I'm travelling to the States in Sep/Oct, and was considering staying at IC Hotels, to earn an easy 2100 points (3 seperate stays).
    If anyone else has problems like jad01, I think I would have to reconsider my options.
    They have had 3 months to sort out any problems, hopefully it won't take another 3!!

17. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    Jason, my points from a stay in April still havent posted either, despite them telling me that the transfer happens once a month.

Does your Priority Club online summary show "Miles to Virgin Blue"? That tells me that its in DJ's hands now.

Maybe crazydave98 can let us know whats going on?

cheers
    james

18. jad01

jad01 Intern

Jan 19, 2006
    Yes it's just gone 2 months since my stay and my Priority Club profile showed the points "To Virgin Blue" 5 day after my stay.

When I called Priority Club they explained that they had processed the points and I should call Velocity.
    3 weeks ago I called Velocity and told them I was getting a little annoyed....so they asked me to fax copies of the receipts etc and they would process it.
    After emailing electronic copies and then faxed hard copies to them back then and surprisingly, still no points credited.

On the other hand, Europcar points for my last trip were credited to my Velocity account within 4days.

JASON

19. ksthommo

ksthommo Active Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Cairns
    I'm in the same boat, my Holiday Inn hotel stay in May points are sitting in Priority Club Rewards even though my earning preference is Virgin Blue.

20. JamesF

JamesF Intern

Apr 15, 2005
    SYD
    Hi all,

further to this earlier post, after still no points automatically appearing, i called the velocity service center. They were very helpful - the partner desk people were busy but they took my number and called me back, which was appreciated. Just had to email in a PDF of my Priority Club statement showing the stay history, and within a couple of days the points posted, including the triple point bonus.

So, if they havent posted after a while, my advice is to give Velocity a call and they'll get it sorted out.

cheers
    james