RooFlyer

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Silver
If you are a company director, have you applied for your Director ID? I was completely unaware until I heard of it on the radio the other day. (Accountants can't assist, but I thought would have advised.)

If you have a myGovID, its dead easy.

If you are a company director, have you applied for your Director ID? I was completely unaware until I heard of it on the radio the other day. (Accountants can't assist, but I thought would have advised.)

Did mine a year ago. My Financial advisor sent an email advising of the Nov 2022 deadline for existing directors (includes SMSFs?). I had to help my accountant get his…

Yes, can be easy or not. I only heard about it on ABC radio last week. Mine went through quickly but MrsTMA's ook a wasted 30 minutes online and would not accept any forms of ID verification so then required call to ATO/ABS to get accepted.

But the DiD is never used anywhere! Yet...

All done last week thanks. 30 November deadline.

Yes, started it a couple of weeks ago, but did not have 1 of the numbers required (it was in hubbys man-cave and I was not venturing in...)
Completed it on Sunday.

New Passports - mine issued a week before hubbys, mine starts with RA12 hubbys RA10 - do they run backwards when issued??

We receive monthly "Tax and Super News" emails from the ATO - first found out about Director's ID from one of these in late March.

Been putting it off for no other reason that we needed to get a round tuit.

Last week the accountant sent an email with advice on how to arrange them and asking for it for their records once done.

We have slated this weekend ...

Yes, can be easy or not. I only heard about it on ABC radio last week. Mine went through quickly but MrsTMA's ook a wasted 30 minutes online and would not accept any forms of ID verification so then required call to ATO/ABS to get accepted.

But the DiD is never used anywhere! Yet...
Not yet, but it's a step in the whole business register modernisation project...

Did mine with no drama. Had to provide all the information that the government already has on me, of course. Because, how would they possibly know it? They only provide the information themselves.

Did mine a year ago. My Financial advisor sent an email advising of the Nov 2022 deadline for existing directors (includes SMSFs?). I had to help my accountant get his…
Yes I think includes smsf directors. If so, maybe give a link to this forum on the smsf forum?

The EA to our accountant was very proactive this time last year. And in this process we found out that ASIC has my date of birth as being 10 years out. But the company's director profile is accurate. Accountant advised that in the fullness of time ASIC and the company director profile will sync and it will be corrected. To try to do it now apparently is a nightmare.

If you have a MyGovID, all you need to input this time is your personal TFN and address the ATO uses and then confirm your address & couple of pretty things. Took me <5 mins.

We had a company which was deregistered over 20 years ago. We still need Directors ID.
Bureaucracy gone wild.

My accountants (worker) sent an email a few months ago and phoned during the week.
Have started. A task for the weekend

We had a company which was deregistered over 20 years ago. We still need Directors ID.

For that company? If you are not a 'Director' ? There was some sort of 'opt out' feature, maybe for cases like yours, but the time for that has expired.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back