Have US SSN but not address - apply for new cc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brideshead

Hello, after listening to the AFF podcast interview with cove I am inspired to try applying for a US credit card. I studied in Chicago and left in 2001 so I have an old SSN I can use. I had citi and amex cards while I was there. My question is do I need a US address to open the account and if so any ideas how to do this? Although I visit US once a year, I don't have any trusted contacts I could use as a mail service. Thanks in advance for any advice/tips.

... I am inspired to try applying for a US credit card ...
Here’s an AFF thread that you may find useful:

Edit: Using Global Transfer for a US-issued Amex is quite straightforward, even without a SSN. However, the SSN will provide for more credit card options

Last edited:

brideshead, how did you go? im in the same boat. i have TIN that i havent used for over 20 years since i applied for it so i dont even know if they remain active. also i dont have any contacts or address i could use in the USA.​

An SSN is a nuclear attack submarine. I don't know that I'd want to be in the 'same boat'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back