Have the rules changed earning points and sc on flight upgrades?? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Have the rules changed earning points and sc on flight upgrades??

traceyy

Just noticed that the flights that we took which we purchased as freedom fares (paid cash) and then upgraded with points to business class we’ve been awarded zero status credits and zero points I thought we still earned for the original freedom fair purchased??

lang_13

Just noticed that the flights that we took which we purchased as freedom fares (paid cash) and then upgraded with points to business class we’ve been awarded zero status credits and zero points I thought we still earned for the original freedom fair purchased??
Exact scenario happened to me last week - must be a glitch. Called up and they manually credited points and SCs (after 3 days, but they did call back to let me know when they landed in account)

Reactions: zig

johnnyfive

Intern
Yep same thing happened to me two weeks ago. The agent said the system showed the flight as a fully points paid reward flight instead of an upgrade. They had to confirm my fare purchase class. They showed up after a few days but I have no clue how the points were calculated. I have different amounts for each segment of a return trip.

CPMaverick

Flights
My Map
Same issue here. Something must have changed in VA's systems as I've never had this issue before. Annoying that I can't submit a claim for 14 days...

jamescara

Intern
Same issue for me on 3 flights a fortnight ago.

You'll need to ring up (I'm yet to do so) as the online claim won't let me lodge on any of the 3 flights (perhaps because the flight actually shows on the My Activity?

traceyy

well that sucks, i hope they get it sorted pronto when i get back as i should be platinum by then (well would be if i got my sc and sectors flown, will be flying again early Feb.

Also is there any way i can contact them from overseas? i cant find a number i can call from here as i dont have international calling, or an email, thought maybe i could get into it now and not have to deal with a whole bunch of flights on my return as there is going to be 4 seperate flights that will be affected

Last edited by a moderator:

AIRwin

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
also is there any way i can contact them from overseas?
If you need to speak to us about a membership enquiry or flight redemption, call our Membership Contact Centre on one of the numbers below for:

Membership Enquiries
08:00 - 20:00 (AEDT), Monday to Friday

Flight Redemptions
07:30 - 22:30 (AEDT), 7 days a week

Australia: 13 18 75
New Zealand: 0800 230 875
Other International Locations: +61 2 8667 5924

jamescara

Intern
I called through to the Velocity team earlier and it literally took me 3mins 30 from picking up the phone to hanging up, which included forgetting my pin code twice. They’re aware of the issue they said and will manually fix within 24hrs.

So short Answer - breath.

henrus

Virgin
Platinum
A flight that I took around 2 weeks ago has just credited (via a Points Adjustment). It was a freedom fare that was upgraded using a Platinum upgrade.

jamescara

Intern
My corrections have posted overnight.

They show as "Base Points Adjustment" and "Bonus Points Adjustment". The Bonus including the status points (which is realistically all I really care about!).

Problem fixed well within the 24hrs they advised (circa 15hrs from when I called to when I checked).

CPMaverick

Flights
My Map
Mine hasn't sorted itself out yet. Will give it another 24 hours.

If you are overseas try email.

traceyy

So you are saying if I do nothing it should correct itself? or I still have to contact the call centre I’m assuming seeing as they know it’s a problem now they shouldn’t be waiting for people to have to call-in because it’s gonna be a lot of people calling for a lot of flights

CPMaverick

Flights
My Map
I emailed the plat email, and they fixed it within 24 hours.

Although curiously the 'fix' was to post 'bonus' SC and points, instead of reposting the flight properly.

traceyy

i sent an email through and it was literally fixed within 30 minutes from receiving the email, cant complain about that.

MH_fan

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Looks like I'll have to email them as well. Flew on a Freedom fare and upgraded with the platinum comp upgrades and account showed flights as a full redemption ticket.
Er...can someone tell me what the email is? I can't find it on their website.

traceyy

Looks like I'll have to email them as well. Flew on a Freedom fare and upgraded with the platinum comp upgrades and account showed flights as a full redemption ticket.
Er...can someone tell me what the email is? I can't find it on their website.
i believe i contacted them through the comments section

AFF on Air Podcast

• Indian Pacific & Other Epic Train Journeys – AIR027
    Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:31:00 AEDT
      In this episode, we take a brief detour from the aviation discussion to talk about train travel! There's something nice - perhaps even romantic - about long-distance train ...
  • Status Runs – AIR026
    Sat, 14 Dec 2019 07:15:21 AEDT
      If you're a little bit short of the next airline status tier, a status run can get you over the line. In this episode, learn about the best status runs with Virgin Austral ...
  • British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mattman92