Status
Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
I haven't had a problem with having enough points, I think anybody with a couple of credit cards linked to their QFF account and does a bit of flying might not have too many problems.

But if I was desperate enough :roll:

straitman

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
The same as Lindsay.

I can't see that I'll need them, however..............

:eek: :D :) :D

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Solutions
I certianly don't plan to ever get a top up, but always nice to have the option...

JohnK

Veteran Member
I don't see that I will ever need it and it is overpriced!

Kiwi Flyer

The one person who said yes - what did you use them for?

While my current circumstances makes it most unlikely I would buy points to top up account, I can see some possibility in future as there are some times when it would be worthwhile.

Easy to install and operate, this 10 in 1 lens kit can be used on your Smartphone.

The kit includes a 198 degree fisheye lens, 0.63x wide angle lens, 15x Macro lens, a super wide angle lens, 0.36X , 2x telephoto lens , Kaleidoscope Lens plus a circular polariser lens, star filter lens, flow filter lens.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

browski

Established Member
Yes. I had 151000 Krisflyer points and needed 2000 extra points to make the 153000 I needed for 2 x Mel-Johannesburg return flights

I had 2 weeks to redeem points before a number of points expired, so did not think I would have another flight in that time to acquire the extra points.

Transferring points from Amex to Krisflyer was only 1 Krisflyer point for every 2 Amex Rewards points; so I gave this a miss and purchased the points instead.

2000 points @ US$20 per thousand was the cost; didn't think it was such a bad deal - if I had botched getting the tickets, no excuses were going to cut it with my wife.

Kiwi Flyer

Would your answer have been different for QFF points top up? (This is after all posted in QFF forum.)

FYI QFF top up points cost from A$20 per 500 on a sliding scale to A$557.50 for 20,000

browski

Established Member
Like the other respondees I always seem to have ways of finding extra QFF points from credit cards etc so would probably not buy the top up points for Qantas

Having said that, if I was 500 points short and had exhausted all avenues, then sure I'd pay the $20. However, and I think this is the key, I would never buy top-ups on domestic flight redemptions. I'd just do it to secure long-haul international flights if I was a bit short on the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.