Harvey Norman AMEX promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiser Elite

Enthusiast
Received this offer in mail this morning - spend $2,000 at Harvey Norman before June 30 and receive 5:1 Rewards points - $2,000 = 10,000pts / $6,000 = 30,000pts.
Resize of Harvey Norman.jpg
I have a very big family - time to organise a family meeting and do an inventory of possible purchases before June 30 then I will go negotiate a lump sum purchase - well that will be the plan - I will let you know how it comes off.

Last edited:
I just spent $2500! :(

Do you have the link to register for this? Can't seem to find it on amexnetwork... Thanks!

i think this is old.

they do have this promotion on their bonus partner site for long time already

if you missed registering, still worthwhile calling AMEX they still might give you some points...i missed AAMI registration by a couple of days and they still gave me half the amount of bonus points i was entitled to... better than nothing.

Just called AMEX and yes this offer has been running since Feb 1 this year.

Bonus points cannot be applied retrospectiuvely so need to register first.

Ouch! Sorry...hmmm.. not sure what harvey normans return policy is...and then repurchasing but i think that might be stretching it a bit.

Slightly off topic but I've always wondered who provide the funds for these points? Amex or Hardly Normal? :D

Slightly off topic but I've always wondered who provide the funds for these points? Amex or Hardly Normal? :D
I've always wondered this too - as Amex would benefit from driving customers to buy high-value items on their Amex cards (creating more revenue for Amex from the merchant fees, and also retaining customer loyalty), and Harvey Norman benefit from more affluent customers shopping in their stores... So unless it's a 50/50 split, it would be hard to know lol

Just been told by AMEX call centre that the Qantas Co-branded cards (Classic, Ultimate, etc.) are not eligible for this promotion.

Also, if you have any store cards or other Banks (CBA, NAB, etc.) issued AMEX, they are not eligible as well..

Just been told by AMEX call centre that the Qantas Co-branded cards (Classic, Ultimate, etc.) are not eligible for this promotion.

Also, if you have any store cards or other Banks (CBA, NAB, etc.) issued AMEX, they are not eligible as well..
As this promo was for bonus "Membership Rewards" points, and these card types either earn Qantas points or points with the bank etc, they will never be eligible for promos of this nature... Usually though, all Amex cards are still eligible for offers through Selects, as well as the "spend x and receive x" offers when you pre-register the card number before the purchase.

If you're after some extra Qantas points on electrical goods, perhaps try D!ck Smith if they stock what you're after (using their Everyday Rewards program), or you can also earn Virgin Blue Velocity points through ShopAndEarn on purchases with Apple, Dell, estore.com.au, alwaysonsale.com.au, and a few others that may also stock what you were chasing. :)

Well I registered for this and received bonus points for my first purchase. However I bought again on the weekend and no bonus points.. Looks like a call to amex as it says 30th June in the promo.

If you're after some extra Qantas points on electrical goods, perhaps try D!ck Smith if they stock what you're after (using their Everyday Rewards program), or you can also earn Virgin Blue Velocity points through ShopAndEarn on purchases with Apple, Dell, estore.com.au, alwaysonsale.com.au, and a few others that may also stock what you were chasing. :)

Thanks for the suggestion Chris...

Qantas Co-brand Cards are definitely eligible cause I have one and registered for the Harvey Norman offer AND got my Bonus Points! :) See the website Credit Cards - The Qantas American Express Card - American Express Australia

Qantas Co-brand Cards are definitely eligible cause I have one and registered for the Harvey Norman offer AND got my Bonus Points! :) See the website Credit Cards - The Qantas American Express Card - American Express Australia

I rang them again and they said that previously this promotion was for members of Rewards Program only and QFF Points earning cards are not classified as Rewards Membership. However, from Easter they have opened this promotion to Qantas Amex Cards as well...

Bugger I just spend approx $1500 on AAMI .. so I miss out on 15,000 QFF Points..:(:mad:

Points can't be added retrospectively... been told..:(

So just signed up for this promotion the other day. But was later advised that the bonus points don't get credited to my account until 4 - 8 weeks after june 30. Is this correct? Has anyone had first hand experience with this and can confirm if this is correct or not?

So just signed up for this promotion the other day. But was later advised that the bonus points don't get credited to my account until 4 - 8 weeks after june 30. Is this correct? Has anyone had first hand experience with this and can confirm if this is correct or not?

I got my Bonus Points the next day! Have your come through yet?

I registered for the Harvey Norman 5 per points per $ spent on the 30th June, 2011. Followed this by a phone call to Amex to make sure I had registered (been caught before). I was told 'yes' and the guy at Amex offered to automatically register me for every other Offer that was availbale. I then went and spent $ 5,000 at Harvey Norman. I then went to Europe for 7 weeks. Got back last week and after a dozen calls over the past week with many promises of awaring the points Amex has decided NOT to award these points - stating that I wasn't registered until 1st July, 2011. I then told them to cancel the Platimum Amex Charge & Credit Card. Later on that day I was phoned by a 'Team Leader' and given 50,000 "Loyalty" points for: 1. Having Amex for 30 years, and 2. Promising not to cancel the cards. Has anyone else had "Loyalty" points from Amex. Was offered Centurion Card a couple of months ago but couldn't see much advantage in taking it up.

Has anyone else had "Loyalty" points from Amex. Was offered Centurion Card a couple of months ago but couldn't see much advantage in taking it up.

Wow, lucky you! Sure pays to threaten to cancel! Frustrating cause it shouldn't need to get to that point but it's great that they actually did something to keep you, and 50,000 points is really generous! You must be a very desirable Cardmember ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back