Halving the number of FF points

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how all those who transferred from ANZ are going to feel. AMEX must be rubbing their hands together.

I was one of those poor souls that transfered from ANZ to Westpac.

whats the best option now? move country?

That's a real bad news for me!!!
As I have property loans with them, through a package. I get a free gold visa card for me and my wife. So far, Westpac has been the best along with CPA AMEX (which is also free).
I do not need another AMEX from Westpac. I need a visa. So surrender to Citibank??? I will need to start my fight to get my platinum.
Regards
Arun

I just read the other post re: Commonwealth. It is good to know that they are bringing a Platinum. With some members complaining about downgrading a few Citibank Platinum benefits, I hope CB Platinum can be a good alternative. Any ideas of its cost?

If you want more information about the changes with Altitude go to this site.

http://www.westpacinfo.com.au/altitude/

It also is where you apply for the AMEX card if you want to go for that option. At least the AMEX card is free for the first year as long as you apply before the end of April.

I'm another who transferred from ANZ to Westpac...bugger! However, we've been using an Amex as the main card lately due to their accelerator program (1.5 pts per $) and have found that they're acceptable at most outlets now. Will now give Westpac the boot and give Woolworths Ezy Banking MasterCard a go as our 2nd card.....it seems like the 1pt for $1 regime is fast dying amongst the open card schemes (Visa, Mastercard).

anyone know how the number of points required for a flight booked with Altitude Travel flight compares with the number of QFF points required for the equivalent flight?

Westpac Altitide and Westpac Amex cards

I am a Westpac Gold Altitude customer. I was just about to cancel my Card in response to the $125 annual fee and the treatment with my lost Ansett points. I have been a Westpac card holder since 1972/3 and as a compliment to Westpac have never had to pay a fee or interest in all that time.
However, Westpac have today offered me a companion Amex card with a fee free year but no fee waiver in future( we shall see about that) , plus 2 points per dollar as a points earning rate plus a waiver of the last Altitude fee as a dollar spent on card waiver.
This is much better than ANZ, who , from memory offered me a Diners a 1 point per dollar.
Has anyone else received this offer or better?

cbaz - you need about one and a half times as many altitude points more than Qantas points for the same flights. eg. about 45,000 points for Perth, compared to 30,000 QF points.

Anyone know how the changes affect MH Enrich Award Points? I noticed (without warning) Amex Ascent reduced there transfer ratio from 1:1 to $2 = 1 MH point, when MH converted their program to miles. However, from what I read, the altitude program is not changing for points before March 9, nor for points earned on Altitude Amex after March 9. Just that MH's new redemption structure is great for 1:1 transfers (120,000 pts get J class to Europe from PER , or 145,000 from E/C).

I have just written to ANZ saying that I am a Westpac gold card holder and because Westpac have reduced their FF points, how long can they (ANZ) garantee they will keep their current 1:1 system up to $2500.

Similarly I have writen to Westpac asking them why I should not change to ANZ since they (ANZ) will give me 5000 points to change and their system is 1:1 up to $2500 unlike Westpac which will be 1: .5 from this month.

I don't like the Amex/Westpac idea as it makes me lool like an American overseas and many establishments will not accept them.

I will publish the replies on this board - if I receive any.

Nice ANZ lady rang me today and said , no they cannot garantee that they will not change their points policy. She said no bank would do this.

BYE BYE WESTPAC

It's time to give Westpac the flick. Just been approved for Commonwealth platinum card. It costs $250 a year but FF points are 1:1 and no cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back