Govia (now Linkt) surcharging for CC use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Orange

Well, a big round of applause and hearfelt thanks goes to the RBA for encouraging Linkt (formerly Govia) to introduce credit and debit card surcharging for topups as of the 1st July.

More proof that the RBA's pathetic tinkering around the edges of consumers being ripped off has done nothing other than to alert businesses that it is 'OK by the RBA' to surcharge customers.

Maybe Linkt will introduce a 15% bank holiday surcharge when my auto topup gets triggered on a bank holiday or a weekend surcharge!

MasterCard Credit and Visa Credit 0.52%, MasterCard Debit and Visa Debit 0.32%, American Express 2.15% and Diners Club 1.90%

Pretty poor deal from Amex in particular, and thought the debit cards were cheaper.

MasterCard Credit and Visa Credit 0.52%, MasterCard Debit and Visa Debit 0.32%, American Express 2.15% and Diners Club 1.90%

Pretty poor deal from Amex in particular, and thought the debit cards were cheaper.

Yes, I have switched my Amex out for a Visa credit. I'm not paying 2.15% for tolls!

Well, a big round of applause and hearfelt thanks goes to the RBA for encouraging Linkt (formerly Govia) to introduce credit and debit card surcharging for topups as of the 1st July.

More proof that the RBA's pathetic tinkering around the edges of consumers being ripped off has done nothing other than to alert businesses that it is 'OK by the RBA' to surcharge customers.

Maybe Linkt will introduce a 15% bank holiday surcharge when my auto topup gets triggered on a bank holiday or a weekend surcharge!
Yes it's excellent. I will be able to sleep well at night now knowing that I'm not a leech on their business costs.. I'm overjoyed that I can set up a direct debit and give access to my bank account to such a generous, reliable and trustworthy company such as GoVia/Linkt.

Take your paper bill to 7/11 and pay it at 7/11... no surcharge and full serve of Amex points.

The RBA interchange fee cap has done absolutely nothing beneficial, nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back