Government Bill - no credit card - no points

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by x57NT, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. x57NT

x57NT Newbie

Aug 27, 2007
    I have a bill from a much loathed government dept - I was hoping to pay with my QFF credit card and obtain points - only they do not accept CC payments. Only BSB - and of course - BSB's with Credit Cards are cash advances - so no points are accrued. Anyone got any ideas ?

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You are not going to get CC points by paying the bill directly. Some options:

1. I have heard of some people paying their tax bills via the accountant, where they pay the accountant via credit card and the accountant then pays the ATO.

2. Have a friend pay the bill for you via direct deposit and you pay an equivalent bill for them using your credit card, or purchase the same value in say Coles vouchers for them. But this requires a suitable friend or relative that trusts you to make good with your end of the bargain.

I suggest that unless its a significant value of points then its not worth the effort.