GOLD MAXIMISER 1.5 Points per dollar ? NO BONUSES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evangelionpunk

Well

Im looking at this card and thinking of applying for it but i do remember a while back that they had a maximiser card but it wasnt called "gold" . When did they change to this "Gold Maximiser" ?

Also why arent they offering any bonus flyer points etc to start people off?

Know of any website/banks etc that offer the same maximiser deal or better and maybe even bonus points?????

The Amex Gold Rewards Maximiser card is such a good deal for FF points that they do not to offer any further joining incentives. It is so attractive to FF junkies that it comes with a higher interest rate (about 2% above the other Amex cards) and we still go for it - just ensuring the balance is paid off each month of course.

heheheh Ofcourse. But do their balance transfers also accrue points?

And theres no cap?
And it offers extended warranty, travel insurance etc like other gold cards?

Might apply for it today.

evangelionpunk said:
heheheh Ofcourse. But do their balance transfers also accrue points?

And theres no cap?
And it offers extended warranty, travel insurance etc like other gold cards?

Might apply for it today.
There is no points cap. However, the Amex Gold Maximser Credit Card is aimed at people who want to earn lots of MR points faster. It's main benefit is the 1.5:1 points earning rate. For that benefit you get:
  • 2% higher interest rate (17.49% vs 15.49% for Amex Gold CC)
  • higher annual fee ($144 vs $70 for Anex Gold CC)
  • annual fee includes MR Ascent membership ($59 extra for Amex Gold CC)
  • no annual fee waiver (waived for Gold CC is spend >$9,500 pa)
  • higher supplementary car fee ($36 vs 20 for Amex Gold CC)
  • no extended warranty (Buyer's Advantage)
  • no travel insurance
Some banks and Visa/MC come with purchase protection and extended warranty and travel insurance etc. The Amex Gold Rewards Maximiser card does not.

As I have stated before, you don't get anything for nothing when it comes to credit cards. The points, feature and benefits are all funded through the fees (your annual fees, interest and merchant's fees). You need to decide if which features you want and which ones you are willing to pay for with the increased annual fees and interest rates.

For me, I am looking to maximise my points earning. I always pay the statement balance in full before the due date so interest rate is of little consequence to me. I don't look for travel insurance from my CC. I would rather the higher points earning rate than extended warranty etc. I am happy to pay the increased annual fee over since I put enough spending through the card to earn enough points to believe I come out ahead at the end of the year.

Just because Amex call it a Gold Credit Card, don't assume it comes with all the same benefits and features as a Visa or MC Gold Credit Card. it does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back