Global Qantas Double Status Credits Offer (Book 20-26 Feb 2020; Fly: 28 Feb 2020-14 Feb 2021) | Page 27 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Global Qantas Double Status Credits Offer (Book 20-26 Feb 2020; Fly: 28 Feb 2020-14 Feb 2021)

RichardMEL

The other point is that the DSC promo was probably planned a few months out and things have changed significantly since then (and may yet change even more).... so we just have to wait and see how things develop, and how various companies react and respond.

The other point is that the DSC promo was probably planned a few months out and things have changed significantly since then (and may yet change even more).... so we just have to wait and see how things develop, and how various companies react and respond.
I’m of the view that this DSC was not planned and pushed out quickly to be a quick revenue fix.

• Agree
Reactions: Ade

RichardMEL

Many of us had assumed that due to the rise of targeted bonus SC promos over the past year and the lack of any offer globally since Feb last year suggested that there was a change and there would not be any more global DSC promos - with that as an assumption that having one appear now may well suggest that yes they pulled it out very quickly as demand slumped in the past month or so. Absolutely possible. I certainly was NOT expecting there to be one (not that that means anything - I'm just a punter :D )

Only a QF insider would know for sure tbh obviously. It could well have always been planned to have one.

The future.. well who knows.

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
IIRC it was insiders that originally were saying no more general DSC offers, but after that the offer was originally announced four hours in advance (a first I think) in this media release about how bookings had tanked and they were pulling all stops out (and a lot of planes). I don't think COVID was anywhere in QF's strategy and I'd suggest coincidence.

Cheers skip

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Flights
My Map
The message I had got was that DSCs were not going away, but would just be thinner on the ground. I suspect, given all the pieces are in place, they could roll out a promotion fairly quickly...

RichardMEL

IIRC it was insiders that originally were saying no more general DSC offers, but after that the offer was originally announced four hours in advance (a first I think) in this media release about how bookings had tanked and they were pulling all stops out (and a lot of planes). I don't think COVID was anywhere in QF's strategy and I'd suggest coincidence.
I had a whisper the day before ...

albatross710

Established Member
Will this work?
Use the credit voucher from my cancelled BCI-LRE flex ticket towards a J fare BNE-DPS with outbound leg in this current requal period and then the return leg dropping into my next membership year. That should put me about 20SC over for this year and have 360 already banked for next year. Would take place a few days before and after the membership year date.

DC3

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
So, being subscribed to this thread, there are all these alerts (of new postings). Oh, so maybe someone is reporting good news? But no, no good news. No DSC to be seen. 😩

I may have to temporarily unsubscribe and just check once a day. Too much anticipation.

Last edited:
Qantas
LT Silver
Flights
My Map
Did you buy with 2 DSC flex magic vouchers to be able to do one ways?

Will this work?
Use the credit voucher from my cancelled BCI-LRE flex ticket towards a J fare BNE-DPS with outbound leg in this current requal period and then the return leg dropping into my next membership year. That should put me about 20SC over for this year and have 360 already banked for next year. Would take place a few days before and after the membership year date.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fenoglio