I am sure others will be approved especially as the Moderna order for 2022 was described as being for boosters.Moot point as only Pfizer has been approved for the 3rd (booster) dose irrespective of which vaccine you got. I will be happy to get Pfizer as my 3rd shot having had 2 doses of the AZ....if I was a young male which I'm sadly no longer, I would be more worried about myocarditis with Pfizer. Having said that you could walk into any pharmac_ now and ask for your "1st"" dose of AZ.
Ok. Hunt said it wasn't a requirement so guess they are adding it anyway.
Yes. Both AZ given later than mine.Less than 4 months between jab 2 and 3. Interesting.
I can confirm that the booster is on the International Vaccination record. All three are recorded.I posted that on 3rd October. So much has changed since. A good thing. I heard today that Pfizer will also be offered at Pharmacies. I guess they've sorted out the storage this time round. The booster won't contribute to the International vaccination record I heard.
SIL is also due her third Pfizer. She works in the vaccination hub. I'm due for third (2 Az) in about a month.
Hopefully they will approve AZ as well so those who want it, or have had an adverse reaction to a mRNA vaccine can have AZ. There's plenty of supply of AZ.
There's Novavax coming as well (although, they've only just completed their application for approval in the UK). Not sure when they will be applying for approval in Aust...
Maybe, but the way I see it, it's going to play part of the booster program. Heck, we've got to use those 51 million doses on something!
The numpties in SA are holding out for the one being developed through Flinders Uni derived from more traditional techniques. Of course that might work out to be the best, as it seems to also prevent transmission, however it's still in trials stage. There's always an excuse and right now the start flag for the race is about to be dropped in SA.Lots of people still pretending to hold out for this… (cough another excuse) but they are having quality issues so is delayed.
we've got to use those 51 million doses on something
I think the original idea was that Novavax could come around November time and form the main booster component. It can also be added to flu vaccines which means if this is a long term thing, we may just end up with a 4vFlu+ Novavax annual flu shot, which hopefully would be funded for everyone rather than the current piecemeal flu offering
I can’t imagine they won’t be, last thing anyone will want is people refusing flu vaccines because they’re worried about the Covid component. Kinks to be ironed out for sureFlushot right now is only funded for some, most of us need to pay for it or our employer does.
My flushot schedule does not align with covid schedule so personally I would hope they would continue to be available separately - so don't have to let one lag for the other.