Frequent Flyer to UK

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by net b, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. net b

net b Newbie

Aug 10, 2006
    I am looking for a frequent flyer programme where I can accrue points by using a credit card. I currently have the ANZ Qantas visa card but would rather fly direct to Manchester with an airline such as Emirates or Cathay Pacific. Is there a FF program such as oneworld or another I'm unaware of?
    I reside in Australia (I think with Emirates Reward program you have to live in the Arab countries?)
    Jeanette

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Qantas FF points can be used for flight redemptions on Cathay Pacific. And subject to fare type purchased, flights on Cathay Pacific can earn Qantas FF points and Status Credits.

3. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    There is no need to be a resident of UAE to join EK's Skywards program. However there may well be no affiliated credit card for australians - perhaps this is what you are referring to?

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The Cathay part been answered by NM.

As for Emirates: No you do not have to live in Arab countries to be in the emirates treward program. FWIW, my Brother lives in CBR and as a Skywards GOLD.