Frequent Flyer points to Christchurch | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Frequent Flyer points to Christchurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelli

Could someone please tell me how many Frequent Flyer points are needed after 25th May for a return flight from Perth to Christchurch.
Also a return flight from Perth to Singapore.
Thanks Heaps
Kelli :)

serfty

Flights
My Map
Kelli said:
Could someone please tell me how many Frequent Flyer points are needed after 25th May for a return flight from Perth to Christchurch.
Also a return flight from Perth to Singapore.
Thanks Heaps
Kelli :)
This Destination Chart for Qantas Services indicted it's "zone 4" or 25,000 points each way (via Sydney); a total of 50,000 for PER-CHC-PER.

However, I was led to believe this was to be based on the zones for the segments. As there are no direct CHC<->PER flights you need to travel via an intermediate port. eg SYD i.e. PER-SYD + SYD-CHC + CHC-SYD + SYD-PER. All are "zone 3" or 18,000 points; a total of 72,000 points.

I am not sure why the table is indicating "Zone 4" :? ; as a result the only thing certain is the answer is either 50,000 or 72,000 points. :?

PER-SIN is easy; "Zone 4" on a direct flight.

Here is a link to the POINTS TABLE

Kelli

Perth to Christchurch

Thanks so much for your detailed reply and help .
Tried phoning Qantas yesterday but ended up hanging up after waiting on the line for so long.
Cheers
Kelli

NM

Flights
My Map
You only add the segment zone costs if you stop in Sydney. The routing will likely be PER-SYD-CHC-SYD-PER, and the points cost is for the distance travelled between stopovers. So PER-SYD-CHC is 2041+1323=3364 miles. That fits into zone 4. So for the return trip you need 2 x zone 4 awards which is 50,000 points total in economy (2 x 25,000 points).

If you want to stopover in Sydney, it then becomes 2 x zone 3 awards for PER-SYD and SYD-CHC for 18,000 points each. Stopover in both directions and its 72,000 points total.

serfty

Flights
My Map
kelli,

NM is correct. The basic answer is 50,000 points unless you wish a intermediate stopover. I had known this, but that was back last year ;} ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamolhaaaa