Frequent Flyer Gifts

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by JoshGlid, Jan 15, 2003.

1. JoshGlid

JoshGlid Newbie

Jan 15, 2003
    Hi,

I am curious to know a couple of things:

a) I've heard stories about Qantas' top 200 frequent flyers getting gifts like bottles of Grange wine and so on. Is this true?
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

b) Who is Australia's top frequent flyer, and how many points would you need to be number one?

thanks!

2. thadocta

thadocta Active Member

b) I think it would go on status credits, not points.

Dave

3. michaelblain

michaelblain Junior Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Of course QF would give its best customers gifts, Christmas presents, etc. I doubt that for a business this big that it stops at the top 200.

Most business's will give gifts and recognition to its important customers - and their employers - it is part of maintaining a healthy business relationship. :lol:

4. shillard

shillard Guest

CEO of Burns Philp must qualify, for ages he was doing SYD-LAX-SYD in F at least once a fortnight, plus God knows how many domestic sectors.

You do the math!

5. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    (a) Wouldn't surprise me at all. Makes commercial commonsense to reward those who have spent the most. Still working on being in that august club though - wonder what the standard is? (aren't we all :wink: )
    (b) Last I heard, one of the leading contenders was still Mel Gottlieb (one of the original FF's and the one who donated his Spider (car) for the giveaway last year).

6. michaelblain

michaelblain Junior Member

Jun 20, 2002
    What's the August Club??

7. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    August - Of a quality inspiring mingled admiration and reverence; having an aspect of solemn dignity or grandeur; sublime; majestic; :)