Free upgrade to Citibank Signature Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy7

Just a quick post to advise that Citibank are handing out free upgrades to the Signature Card.

I've got a Citibank Gold Visa (Fee free for life offer from 2006) and I was (one of the few) overlooked each time when Citibank handed out the free upgrades to Platinum.

So it was a received pleasant surprise when I got a free upgrade to the Signature Card.

The best thing is that it's still FREE.

Hopefully the others who were overlooked for Platinum upgrades will get this also.
I'd be interested to know if anyone gets the free upgrade to the Select Card (although it is superior, does make me think of Woolies and therefore devalues it in my eyes)

Interesting.

I just received an offer for an upgrade to the Plat Card on my free for life gold where it states that existing conditions (ie free) will remain on the new card.

I upgraded my Gold card to Platinum rewards with existing conditions ($0.00 annual fee)

I wish I was offered to upgrade to Signature, but my limit might be too low.

What is the minimum credit limit for Signature?

I originally had a VISA Gold at $0 then upgraded to VISA Platinum at $0 and I received today an offer to upgrade to VISA Signature still at $0... can't complain I guess :)

I received the letter and upgraded to signature today too. it says we get free priority pass standard membership but we have to enrol. How do we enrol for free of charge ? it doesn't seem possible from the priority pass website. anybody know?

I originally had a VISA Gold at $0 then upgraded to VISA Platinum at $0 and I received today an offer to upgrade to VISA Signature still at $0... can't complain I guess :)

Did you just recently upgrade to Platinum and then offered to upgrade to Signature?

Did you just recently upgrade to Platinum and then offered to upgrade to Signature?

Nope upgrade from Gold to Platinum was a long time ago (couple of years ago at least from memory...) - you wound't think they would upgrade you twice in a row within a short period of time but with Citi you never never know :shock:

Got my upgrades today, and the supplementaries as well. Not keen on having to re-register for Citibank online but its a one-off... I wasn't aware these upgrades were happening and was actually looking to apply for Signature, so great timing.

I'd gone from Free gold to Free Platinum like some others here. Platinum I think was a couple of years ago.

Are there any reasons NOT to take the upgrade?

Are there any reasons NOT to take the upgrade?

None that I can see if you are on $0 - it was stated in writing in the letter of offer and I asked again during the upgrade process over the phone and they confirmed I will keep paying $0 for primary + any supplementary cards. Not a massive difference compared to Platinum besides the higher points accrual and the Priority Pass (that I already have from AMEX Charge Plat)

The signature card has 1.5 points per dollar spend. What is the conversion to QF and SQ Kris? Does anyone know!
My current platinum has 1.25 points per dollar spend and converts at 3 to 2 SQ. Not sure about QF.

Just checked my letterbox after being away for three days. Would you believe it. Two upgrade offers, one for me and mrs duffa.
Having read these posts as we sped along the freeway I had resolved to ring Citi and ask them "where is my upgrade". no need now!

I received the letter and upgraded to signature today too. it says we get free priority pass standard membership but we have to enrol. How do we enrol for free of charge ? it doesn't seem possible from the priority pass website. anybody know?

I upgraded this morning as I had recieved the cards late yesterday. The details are in the FAQ that came with the new cards as to what you need to do to regester your priority pass details.

Jonno

I upgraded this morning as I had recieved the cards late yesterday. The details are in the FAQ that came with the new cards as to what you need to do to regester your priority pass details.

Jonno

Thanks do you mind sharing how we enrol for the PriorityPass?

I only kept the letter and it only says " Signature cardholders must enrol for the PriorityPass Standard Membership. Once you have enrolled, please allow up to 15 working days for your PriorityPass card to arrive in the mail."

But it doesn't say how we enrol?

Just got my upgrade letter thru on Friday. Initally I was gold then upgraded free to plat a few years ago, now a free upgrade to signature!
Looks like I will have to rethink my ATO/ Amex love affair as the new ATO% and the increase in visa points now start to make it viable for an ATO/VISA one night stand and who knows where that will lead!
Cheers Danger UXB

The guys who got upgraded - were you Citigold clients and what was your CC limit? Bummer think I missed out :(

The guys who got upgraded - were you Citigold clients and what was your CC limit? Bummer think I missed out :(

No upgrade offer for me either.

I guess I will be in the group that they will expect to pay for the upgrade :shock:

No upgrade offer for me either.

I guess I will be in the group that they will expect to pay for the upgrade :shock:

Haha join the club. I'll call and have a whinge see how far it gets me ;)

No Citigold client here, CC limit was $35k on Platinum (I assume it will stay the same)

Been gold since it started. Took the free plat upgrade a few years back. My limit 35k. Mrs D 30k.

Thanks :) Called Citibank and the confirmed the offer was on its way to me they have been having some mail delays - so those who haven't received yet don't give up hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back