Free renewal and 5000 points!

Discussion in 'Westpac Altitude Rewards' started by mitty, May 25, 2005.

1. mitty

mitty Junior Member

May 25, 2005
    Hi all,
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Recently my WBC Mastercard came up for renewal. The $100 fee is a complete abomination and half points is the ripoff of the millenia, WBC don't deserve any of our business.

I had paid of my card and went into a branch to close it, but when questioned on why (I have now got a citibank Visa with 1 point per dollar and cheaper annual fee), WBC offered me 5000 bonus points (2500 QFF) and no annual fee for the next year. I said to them I had no intention whatsoever of using the card ever again, but they said that's fine they just wanted to keep me as a customer. I also said that if they didn't repeat the offer next year I would definitely close the card. So we'll see what happens in a year. In the meantime the points have come through. I've pencilled it into my diary for next year :) I haven't used the card since!

2. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Why wait until next year? If you really don't intend to use the card, why not just wait a month or two and try to close it again ... you never know what they might offer to "keep you as a customer".

3. Guest

Guest Guest

did they offer you this in the branch?
    if so..what branch and who did u speak to?

do uhave any other accounts with westpac that may cause them to offer you this?

4. arun

arun Member

Sep 5, 2002
    Sydney
    I do not pay any annual fee for my Westpac Altitude Gold Visa (due to my mortgage package). But would like 5000 points. But I do not want to take a chance as I got over 100K points that I do not want to use now (or transfer to QF now).

5. Guest

Guest Guest

westpac had a deal a while ago that u never paid any yearly fee on a westpac gold atlitude card if you had a home loan package with them..
    I would ask them about it! ;)