Free renewal and 5000 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitty

Hi all,

Recently my WBC Mastercard came up for renewal. The $100 fee is a complete abomination and half points is the ripoff of the millenia, WBC don't deserve any of our business.

I had paid of my card and went into a branch to close it, but when questioned on why (I have now got a citibank Visa with 1 point per dollar and cheaper annual fee), WBC offered me 5000 bonus points (2500 QFF) and no annual fee for the next year. I said to them I had no intention whatsoever of using the card ever again, but they said that's fine they just wanted to keep me as a customer. I also said that if they didn't repeat the offer next year I would definitely close the card. So we'll see what happens in a year. In the meantime the points have come through. I've pencilled it into my diary for next year :) I haven't used the card since!

mitty said:
In the meantime the points have come through. I've pencilled it into my diary for next year :) I haven't used the card since!
Why wait until next year? If you really don't intend to use the card, why not just wait a month or two and try to close it again ... you never know what they might offer to "keep you as a customer".

did they offer you this in the branch?
if so..what branch and who did u speak to?

do uhave any other accounts with westpac that may cause them to offer you this?

I do not pay any annual fee for my Westpac Altitude Gold Visa (due to my mortgage package). But would like 5000 points. But I do not want to take a chance as I got over 100K points that I do not want to use now (or transfer to QF now).

arun said:
I do not pay any annual fee for my Westpac Altitude Gold Visa (due to my mortgage package). But would like 5000 points. But I do not want to take a chance as I got over 100K points that I do not want to use now (or transfer to QF now).

westpac had a deal a while ago that u never paid any yearly fee on a westpac gold atlitude card if you had a home loan package with them..
I would ask them about it! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back