Freddie Awards 2009

Discussion in 'Travel News' started by crazydave98, Apr 28, 2009.

1. crazydave98

crazydave98 Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Sydney
    For those of you who voted in the Freddie awards for loyalty programs you might be interested in the results.
    Welcome to the 21st Annual Freddie Awards!

The Velocity team is pretty happy as you can imagine. QFF is probably not ;)

We have got a full analysis of the Freddie voting (number of voters for each program, scores of each program for each category). If there is any interest I will see if we are allowed to release it publicly.

I can already hear the howls from QFF WPs etc. that Velocity is mickey mouse and the results must be rigged. We're the first to admit that we are not (yet) set up to cater well for global travellers, but we're happy that our existing membership base seems to think Velocity is worth voting for.

cheers

CrazyDave98

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisementsMoreā€¦

2. straitman

Apr 27, 2003
    SE Oz (Sale)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Congratulations CrazyDave98. :D :cool:

Any one who has really looked at the Freddie awards probably would not say they are rigged but they are easily biased and that the voting questions are not as appropriate as they could be. I'm sure you are aware that through FT it is possible to attend the awards and I think that would actually be fun at some time or other.

3. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yeah, congrats once again. (And you actually had a Virgin (Australia) group staffer there this year to accept the trolley load of gongs!).

I was going to post about the Freddies last night, but just didn't get around to it.

I'd certainly be interested in seeing the results if they're allowed to be released.

4. ANstar

ANstar Active Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Sydney
    Congrats! I must confess to having voted for Velocity :) I love the program and the fact it is always changing and offers some great specials from time to time.

5. futaris

futaris Established Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Brisbane
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/930974-official-freddie-awards-2009-invite-6.html#post11653342

Results are here:
    https://www.insideflyer.com/articles/article.php?key=5407

crazydave98, I don't remember the "Virgin Blue Velocity Fly for only 100 points" offer in April 2008. Was this only for select members?

6. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear Established Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    And to think we had Freddie Jr in the country for a few months. :p

Congrats to Virgin Blue.

7. anat0l

anat0l Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2006
    Brisbane
    Congrats to Velocity. I'm a QF WP, but such is how the cookie crumbles.

QF didn't exactly have the greatest PR year, but of course that is no excuse at all.

8. crazydave98

crazydave98 Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Sydney
    futaris it was targeted at members based on where they lived and travel patterns (i.e. whether they had previously/recently flown the routes). It was an experiment that was very successful in that we were effectively able to "sell" select seats very cost effectively via "direct mail" rather than doing "above the line" advertising, and of course the benefit was directed at Velociy members rather than the general public. The other general benefit from such an activity is that it is difficult for competitors to monitor and respond to. For many direct marketing companies and older loyalty programs this sort of thing is old hat, but Velocity is still young and learning (and adapting) quickly.

Thanks for posting the link to the results.

cheers

CrazyDave98

9. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Indeed. So much for some peoples assertitions that in this internet day and age everyman and his dog finds out about targetted promotions :)