Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Forfeited points...

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by spletwrong, Sep 5, 2005.

1. spletwrong

spletwrong Newbie

Sep 5, 2005
    A sad tale of woe... I've been a loyal Qantas customer for many years, and had accumulated a healthy points tally. Enough for a return Business ticket to the UK. Granted, my usage has been sporadic with several flights in a year, and then periods of inactivity. In June 05 I flew to Singapore, and received the statement shortly afterwards. I was not pleased to see that all points prior to this flight had been stripped because of "inactivity" over a 3-year period. Sure the T&C states this, but is it worth appealing? I received no reminder before the points expired.
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

Any advice from the Panel would be appreciated!

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Yes, you could write to Qantas and beg, plead, get down on one knee and say you'll nver do it again...best of luck :wink: . QF will counter with the T&C rules and say "you should have been aware" given all the program changes and them advising these details in most of the FF program brochures issued since 2002.

Pity that it wasn't AA points that had been lost, as they have a program until 31 December 2005 to resurrect "lost" points.

3. BlacKnox

BlacKnox Active Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Hi spletwrong (speltwrong?),

Welcome to AFF and sorry about your point loss.

After the fact I have no real advice, though this thread may help so it doesn't happen to others.

How to keep FF points from expiring:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469202