flying JQ as a WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloth

Hi guys,

flying JQ 17 later this week to phuket in Y- was wondering if I could swing by the qantas first check in for an express pass or do I need to be flying starclass :(

Thanks

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

moa999

Enthusiast
Solutions
You will only get one on JQ if in starclass.
You may get lucky at the QF desk (albeit I haven't tried it personally). That said would not expect MEL to be that busy at that hour.

Other than lounge access, you get nothing as a WP on JQ

Hvr

Enthusiast
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
JQi neither know nor care that you're a WP. They only give express passes to pax in J.

Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
Solutions
I think it's important to remember JQ and QF are completely separate companies :p

(If only JQ would start honouring QF status - it would cost JQ little to do that, and would make the journey a lot more pleasant)

sloth

thanks for the help guys! I'll try moa999's suggestion and let you know how it goes.

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I asked in the QP, JLounge and at check in with JQ. All said no.

A polite request as I passed the F checkin room was rewarded. Don't tell them I told you! ;)

nonpop

Established Member
When I've needed to use JQ for overseas a stop off at QFi 1st has always yielded the passes. I am always polite and prepared for a "No".

Boris spatsky

Established Member
When I've needed to use JQ for overseas a stop off at QFi 1st has always yielded the passes. I am always polite and prepared for a "No".

Every time i have tried i have been turned away...

nonpop

Established Member
Every time i have tried i have been turned away...

This year I am about 6 for 6 ... once to Asia and balance to NZ.

i walk up the F counter, show my WP card and 'flash' by JQ BP and say "Good morning/afternoon, may I request an express card please if available as I've just checked in to Queenstown?" and then smile.

Boris spatsky

Established Member
Admittedly i haven't tried since 2012 so policy may have changed. I avoid JQ int'l as much as i can...

Status
Not open for further replies.