Fly With Friends For Less - VA's dumbest promotion ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smit0847

Established Member
My partner pointed out to me what poor value VA's latest promotion is - Fly with Friends | Virgin Australia

On Saver an Saver light fares the discount for booking 2-9 pax instead of only 1 is a maximum of $7 per person (even on MEL-PER), some discounts on shorter routes are a whole $3 pp. Normal specials are cheaper than some of these 'discounted' fares anyway,

This to me, is not even a promotion. A 'second seat 20% off' would be a much better promotion.

Why did they bother to promote it when its such a miniscule saving?

rioter

Some of the business class fares attract a bigger saving but i agree. I actually laughed out lout when i saw the "savings"

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

D

desiredusername

rofl. It's peanuts !! Just give us a bag of peanuts as we board

under the radar

Established Member
clever/emotive marketing...the average 'jo blo' sees 'FLY with FRIENDS for LESS'..they don't bother to research other options..(and often those other options have more flexible conditions/terms)....all they see is FLY/ FRIENDS/ LESS...they book/jump at them (impulse buying).. without reading the often 'restrictive' terms/conditions... happens in many other instances as well

rioter

clever/emotive marketing...the average 'jo blo' sees 'FLY with FRIENDS for LESS'..they don't bother to research other options..(and often those other options have more flexible conditions/terms)....all they see is FLY/ FRIENDS/ LESS...they book/jump at them (impulse buying).. without reading the often 'restrictive' terms/conditions... happens in many other instances as well

In most cases i would agree with you. However all they have to do is look an inch to the left to see they are only saving a few dollars.

hgwells01

Yes I was ready to take advantage of it and thought pfft! Didn't inspire me to grab a group of friends and head off somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.