Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Fly Ahead Benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Has anyone have experience using the Fly Ahead benefit as a Plat on a Business Reward ticket?
What do you think my chances would be on Adelaide - Melb flight?

Cheers

gwilli1

Established Member
Flights
My Map
I have done it also many times as a Gold on both a reward & revenue fare.

rioter

Just echoing what others have said. Unless the flight is 100% full (very unlikely in the business cabin these days) i have never had a problem, even with checked baggage.

jackthomas

Flights
My Map
I've used this once or twice SYD-MEL at nights on pretty empty flights, but never tried with checked baggage. Shouldn't be an issue on a Business Class fare as its rarely full anyway, although I dont have much experience with ADL routes except the odd work trip.

Frostydog007

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
Never had an issue on various flights and destinations and I have done it too many times to count - of course that is with no checked in baggage

Yes, checked baggage is another story. Don't think it's that easy. I think that is pushing the love. I jumped on an early (1 hr) flight today and I had a bronze pleb in toe. He even checked in without me being on the same ticket.

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Demon_fan

Have managed to do it 2/2. Both times I had luggage to check, was on the cheapest fare and doing it during afternoon/evening times. They've been very accommodating.

SG here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAC767

Currently Active Users