Finnair RTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

spd

Hi all,

was thinking of taking advantage of the finnair rtw bus class deal for an upcoming trip to HKG and NYC. $6800 + taxes is a pretty sweet deal.

My original idea was to spend a weekend with friends in HKG then on to NYC for a weeks work.

Having just made the switch to AA after QF platnium for 7 years, i want to maximise the points potential. Would very much appreciate feedback and ideas on the best way to make the most of the 5 stops this fare allows. The main contion is you must travel with finnair out of asia and into USA, so these flights would be to/from helsinki.

many thanks

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
I cannot find the defined fare rules for that fare. There is a basic overview on the bestflights web site.

From what I can see you must enter/leave USA via AY to/from JFK and take QF to/from JFK via LAX. I expect the only possible USA stopovers are JFK and LAX as I would be surprised if they permitted the use of QF codeshares within USA.

The only Asia options are QF/BA destinations that are collocated with AY ports unless you can add a surface sector. More options in Europe obviously.

garyjohn951

I have just ticketed one of these fares and you only need to use AY once if need be. Also it is not necessary to go RTW. My routing is
MEL-SYD-BKK-HEL-LED-LHR-SIN-MEL.
QF/QF/AY/AY/BA/QF/QF
The fare was $A 7,500 inc taxes etc

Australia/HKG/HEL/JFK would be 3 stops, so 2 more allowed for RTW.

garyjohn951

conditions are

If going via USA, you are allowed an additional stop, making it 6 all told.

Destinations:

Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Billund*, Brussels, Budapest, Bucharest^, Copenhagen, Dublin*, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh*, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Geneva, Hamburg, Helsinki, Ivalo, Joensuu, Jyvaskyla, Kajaani, Kuusamo, Kiev, Kemi Tornio, Kokkola Pietarsaa, Krakow, Kittila, Kuopio, Saint Petersburg, Lisbon^,Ljubljana^, London, Madrid, Manchester, Milan, Moscow, Munich, Oslo, Oulou, Paris, Prague, Pisa*, Riga, Rome, Rovaniemi, Stockholm, Turku, Tallinn, Tampere, Kuressaare*, Vaasa, Venice*, Vienna, Vilnius, Warsaw, Zurich.
Via: Bangkok, Guangzhou, Delhi~, Helsinki, Hong Kong, Johannesburg, Los Angeles, Nagoya, New York, Osaka, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo. ^Travel commencing Northern European Summer 2007
*Seasonal services
~Services via Delhi commencing Nov'06

Conditions:

* Valid for sale to 30 Nov'07 & departures to 24 Dec'07 (seasonal) * Maximum stay 12 months * Travel between Finland - Europe is in economy class as well as within Finland * 5 Stopovers permitted on entire journey including turnaround point * 1 additional stopover permitted for North America routings * 1 additional stopover permitted within Australia on entire journey * Route restrictions apply * Open Jaw travel permitted * Surface sectors within USA are considered a stopover * Child fare is 75% of the adult fare, infant fare is 10% of the fare (not occupying seat) * Subject to limited availability * Booking, change and cancellation conditions apply * Note:prices are correct at time of issue and subject to change, cancellation or withdrawal without notice * Please ensure you are fully aware of all passport and visa requirements for your entire journey * Insurance is not included and is strongly recommended *

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.